Gay times sweet dudes

Digz-rocks

Hey folks

Looking for some guidance on suspsension setup for a tacoma prelander build. I come from a rock crawling background but excited to get out in desert.

The tacoma is a 1996 extra cab 4wd auto 3.4. Currently has some race runner coilovers in the front. I’m undecided if I should do an upper control arm and spindle gussets with Chevy 63s and bypasses or smooth bodys in the rear. Or full long travel with a tundra rear deavers and coilovers and bypass front. Plan to do camping pre running exploring in the sierras and Nevada desert. Budget does come into play but I definitely understand but once cry once. And would prefer to build the suspension out once.

Bought the truck from a buddy. He added a sweet window to the front diff and it sat for while after that. It’s seen some stuff in its life. I stabbed a diff into it, changed fluid , fixed ac , and tidied it up. Ready to start ordering parts!

For the rear I would stick with a leaf spring set up for prelander action. Simple with less prep and easy to build.

For the rear I would stick with a leaf spring set up for prelander action. Simple with less prep and easy to build.
Definitely staying with leafs rear. Decision is stock width front or plus 3.5 with coilovers and bypasses.

Last edited:
Anyone fimilar with these deavers? V310. Looking at them for the back of this Tacoma. Plan to run 1-2 spares. Rtt cooler and camping gear. To much spring for what I’m doing?

Attachments

• IMG_4185.png
    IMG_4185.png
    1,007.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4186.png
    IMG_4186.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4187.png
    IMG_4187.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
This forums a bust ✌️
LOL! Oh no... please... stay...

Dude, this forums full of adults with full-time jobs, families, family responsibilities, lives OUTSIDE of offroad stuff, and all of the happy shit that comes with it. Im sorry the entire forum didnt snap to attention to answer your simple questions. Its your truck, build it however you want, blah blah blah. Straight axle that fuckin' rock donkey and jump back on the pirate forum to get the attention youre looking for ✌️

#makeblgtDRagain

LOL! Oh no... please... stay...

Dude, this forums full of adults with full-time jobs, families, family responsibilities, lives OUTSIDE of offroad stuff, and all of the happy shit that comes with it. Im sorry the entire forum didnt snap to attention to answer your simple questions. Its your truck, build it however you want, blah blah blah. Straight axle that fuckin' rock donkey and jump back on the pirate forum to get the attention youre looking for ✌️

#makeblgtDRagain
I’m just stiring the pot. Pirates dead lol. It’s all about irate4x4 now. I’m not going to buy used parts at this point. It’s easy enough to call total chaos. They were very helpful and got me set straight quickly. Shit talking is probaly the best part😎

KrVNmyeDeLFXa.webp

r2HU9qs851yhi.webp

Back