1TNTACO my regular cab 2nd gen

Turbostoybox

The build of my ‘08 Tacoma regular cab

I purchased the truck wrecked in Jan ‘22. It had a tweaked frame rail on the LF. Nothing leaked. Started, ran, even the ac worked! I drug it home and parked it as I was about to head to KOH. Upon getting back to Michigan I got to work. Initially getting the front body back in shape, then building a bumper up front. I stuck some cheap spacers under it to rock some bigger tires while I collected parts for what was coming. Picked up the axles as a package from a JK swap that never came to fruition. I’ve built the whole truck in my garage and it’s documented on my YouTube if you’re interested.

03 SD60 front, Yukon air locker, chromoly 35 spl outers, lockouts, diff cover, and 5.13 gears. Barnes4wd JK swap truss. Redrilled hubs for 8x6.5. Rubicon Express JK long arm links, JKU coils, Ballisticfab adjustable spring perches. Proform air bumps. Fox shocks. Ford upper shock mounts. Toyota ifs gearbox drilled and tapped with Trail Gear hydro assist. Barnes steering.

03 GM 14b 5.13 gears, ARB, motobilt 13b cover. ORA u-bolt eliminator kit. Cut off most of the JK swap truss. 2500hd 63” springs, ORA shackles. Bilstein 5160 JKU front shocks to use the stock stud mount upper mounts.

FJ cruiser manual T-case with Front range twin stick shifters. Sidetracked off-road flanges on both axles and use the stock driveshafts front and rear. Fully boxed the frame. HPS intake pipe, K&N filter to help the 2.7 unleash the power 🤣
AllPro sliders for a first gen 4Runner. Self built bumpers front and back. ARE contractors topper. Cut bed floor and installed a stainless sink as a trunk to hold my air compressor and recovery gear. Stealth mounted midland radio in the side of the console. TJM 5th gen 4Runner snorkel. Badlands 12k winch. KC flex era 4 lights.
IMG_2734.jpegIMG_7362.jpegIMG_7907.jpeg

The build of my ‘08 Tacoma regular cab

I purchased the truck wrecked in Jan ‘22. It had a tweaked frame rail on the LF. Nothing leaked. Started, ran, even the ac worked! I drug it home and parked it as I was about to head to KOH. Upon getting back to Michigan I got to work. Initially getting the front body back in shape, then building a bumper up front. I stuck some cheap spacers under it to rock some bigger tires while I collected parts for what was coming. Picked up the axles as a package from a JK swap that never came to fruition. I’ve built the whole truck in my garage and it’s documented on my YouTube if you’re interested.

03 SD60 front, Yukon air locker, chromoly 35 spl outers, lockouts, diff cover, and 5.13 gears. Barnes4wd JK swap truss. Redrilled hubs for 8x6.5. Rubicon Express JK long arm links, JKU coils, Ballisticfab adjustable spring perches. Proform air bumps. Fox shocks. Ford upper shock mounts. Toyota ifs gearbox drilled and tapped with Trail Gear hydro assist. Barnes steering.

03 GM 14b 5.13 gears, ARB, motobilt 13b cover. ORA u-bolt eliminator kit. Cut off most of the JK swap truss. 2500hd 63” springs, ORA shackles. Bilstein 5160 JKU front shocks to use the stock stud mount upper mounts.

FJ cruiser manual T-case with Front range twin stick shifters. Sidetracked off-road flanges on both axles and use the stock driveshafts front and rear. Fully boxed the frame. HPS intake pipe, K&N filter to help the 2.7 unleash the power 🤣
AllPro sliders for a first gen 4Runner. Self built bumpers front and back. ARE contractors topper. Cut bed floor and installed a stainless sink as a trunk to hold my air compressor and recovery gear. Stealth mounted midland radio in the side of the console. TJM 5th gen 4Runner snorkel. Badlands 12k winch. KC flex era 4 lights.
View attachment 22213View attachment 22214View attachment 22215

This thing is rad! Thanks for Joining!

How was the carnage from that recent flop ?

This thing is rad! Thanks for Joining!

How was the carnage from that recent flop ?
Not too bad. Boxside is pretty much done but it was ugly from the original wreck anyway. The cab corner behind the driver window took the worst of it. IMG_9044.jpeg

Back