Bad Lines in Baja - spring 2023

Made it here finally some traffic thru Maneadero.
So word is that valley de Guadalupe is unsafe and will be under cartel curfew 10:00 pm.
They want their shit back.

So word is that valley de Guadalupe is unsafe and will be under cartel curfew 10:00 pm.
We canceled the trip and no one is going. That's for looking out.

Yeah this was a bummer for sure.

I'll be heading out with my Daughter and a few people to the terra crew event this weekend.

Honestly I didn’t think twice about not going, my little paradise here is a quiet place.
No night life, most places close early, 7:00pm yesterday at the only place open for dinner.

For sure a bummer you guys aren’t coming out.

So I’ll post a little a of what’s going on around here and what I’m doing, who know? Maybe next time we just roll deep here.

When you say "They want their shit back", what does that mean?

That’s all I know on that end and that the lady Mayor mobilized highly armed security to patrol this area and race route

My friend that lives down there just told me this:

"They offended a few people, and one was high up in the TJ Cartel. They supposedly where also driving like complete idiots and pissing people off, + they confiscated 39 tons of coke in Ensenada yesterday. Sinaloa vs Arellano Felix Cartel."
Canks

I’m still alive, showed up here to no water and power, got the power up and filling the water tank with the neighbors hose, all good on that end.

Thursday arrival day, powered up by night.
Some turbroyota specs for this operation

Music: Reggaeton.

Beers: Electrician-2
Driver:2
Ladder haulers:3
Spectator:4

Cursing: none that I heard, it went good

Attachments

• 70676334745__C63AAFEA-38B1-4812-9240-12C9EB26D982.jpeg
    70676334745__C63AAFEA-38B1-4812-9240-12C9EB26D982.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 14
Friday started with me run into my favorite restaurant in town.
After breakfast, I decided on a southern run and catch part of the course on the way back.
Baja is beautiful Everywhere you look, stopped at the volcano, not really a volcano, but a lava tube,.
You can actually drive into it from the south and exit east, last time I went through slashed the sidewall, now I just walk and look around and just save the frustration of having to change a tire.
Found a great viewing spot, but apparently it’s also a known spot and have to show up early and wait till 4ish for the big boys to go thru and night time for other classes.
The run home was fun especially thru the riverbed.

Got home, got drinks, snacks and went to friends place on the course, that’s where we saw the security cruising the course.

Attachments

• IMG_1620.jpeg
    IMG_1620.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1623.jpeg
    IMG_1623.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1642.jpeg
    IMG_1642.jpeg
    500 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1648.jpeg
    IMG_1648.jpeg
    339.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1932.png
    IMG_1932.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1622.jpeg
    IMG_1622.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 7
Friday continued,

Decided on a evening cruise south, for a few miles. Ran into some people by the booby guitar, and they were broke down. They were from Mexicali and the jeep motor decided to withdraw itself from the party. So the group decided the wise thing to do was put a tow strap on and continue on to the party location. That’s where I ran into them when their strap broke. I loaned them mine help them get going. They continued on while I followed the next 7 miles to their location, rugged location. Are after we got there, he offered to buy my strap, but I’m 2 wheel drive and it’s important to me. So I took my strap and bid them farewell and good luck, they didn’t seem to be worried none of the least, on a remote beach, with a broke down car. They asked us to stay and barbecue with them for helping them out, and they said they would be at coyote cals the next night, so I left them a secondary tow strap of mine, and would see them there. Night run home.

For sure bad lines good times

Attachments

• IMG_1706.jpeg
    IMG_1706.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1699.jpeg
    IMG_1699.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1694.jpeg
    IMG_1694.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1690.jpeg
    IMG_1690.jpeg
    438.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1689.jpeg
    IMG_1689.jpeg
    536.8 KB · Views: 7
Saturday started with breakfast at Glorias and another southern route.
We probably got stuck in a mooing traffic jam.
Found another good viewing spot, in the shape of a figure 8, it’s going to get tough in the next coming days, hell I thought I could’ve made it in the morning that I saw it, but maybe not that evening, it started getting softer.

Did a BLGT good deed and fixed the downhill warning for the racers and tire repair on a quad

Stayed a few hours went home on course again

Watched again from friends place.

That night was fun, party time with Racing 905

Attachments

• IMG_2084.png
    IMG_2084.png
    740.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1714.jpeg
    IMG_1714.jpeg
    585.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1729.jpeg
    IMG_1729.jpeg