Any exhaust welding tips with mig

95_Bluwhale

I have aluminized steel tubing that I have to start my exhaust on my bronco keeping it low price since it’s just an Offroad exhaust and not a high performance build will my mig 75/25 mix work with the er70s-6 wire I have already I do have a S.S. Muffler and y pipe I plan on using will this cause issues not worried about rust either

You will be fine with the 75/25 mix and the er70s-6 wire, that's a pretty standard setup and its exactly what I used on my c10 the first time I did the exhaust with the same materials.

You will be fine with the 75/25 mix and the er70s-6 wire, that's a pretty standard setup and its exactly what I used on my c10 the first time I did the exhaust with the same materials.
Thanks I’ll be starting Monday getting it all laid out and tacked just need bungs for O2

Aluminized and stainless weld easily with mig. The only issue is if you get too hot you'll blow thru especially on butt joints. Trigger welding may help. I normally weld a 1" senction, let it cool for 3-4 seconds and do another 1".

Make sure to grab some high temp spray paint for the welds as they will rust but the aluminized and stainless won't.

I just did these for the start of my F100 exhaust.

Attachments

• IMG_7571.jpeg
    IMG_7571.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7510.jpeg
    IMG_7510.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Aluminized and stainless weld easily with mig. The only issue is if you get too hot you'll blow thru especially on butt joints. Trigger welding may help. I normally weld a 1" senction, let it cool for 3-4 seconds and do another 1".

Make sure to grab some high temp spray paint for the welds as they will rust but the aluminized and stainless won't.

I just did these for the start of my F100 exhaust.
Hell yeah that came out nice I should have asked this question before buying the materials I would have bought better materials I was concerned with using mig

95% of cars on the road have aluminized exhaust and are mig welded. Stainless and tig welded exhaust wasn't even common until 10-15 years ago.

What you have is fine and will last a long time.

Thanks for all the info guys helps a lot didn’t get to it this weekend but any one have a y pipe for 2.5” tube or some O2 bungs

Back in the day before you could buy off the shelf O2 bungs we took spark plug non foulers and cut the end off. They are the same thread as an o2 sensor. These days I just buy a bunch off ebay.

Back