98 F150 - Frankenstein

630946DF-1FD4-4797-A807-1BA1DBEEDBCC.jpeg6103341F-103D-4A88-B6B4-4A1A7CF8EE18.jpegFBAD42A6-915E-4B8D-A69C-73E15FE2C6CB.jpegKevin @ shumacher metal works whipped this up for me as well. Took my stock center link, and basically beefed it tf up. He males this for OBS chevy’s and since the steering on theirs and mine are “similar” he was able to do this. I have not put it on yet though, do plan on soon and will post pics of it painted and installed when i do.

Go bigger on the fuel cell. I recommend 60+.
Ive gone back and fourth with friends on this one lol i do plan on doing a V8 at some point but i dont plan on doing a built V8. Just like a mild 5.3 build or a stock coyote swap. Both options are up in the air for cost wise. A coyote would be badass but not if its gonna cost 15k+ to get to to work in my truck as opposed to a 5.3 swap.

Not opposed to a 50 gallon cell i just dont see the point in more fuel than that for what my plans are. My current MPG if i cruise at or under 2000 RPM on the highway is close to 20 and city is 12-15. So not too bad at the moment

True that! Yeah engine swap isn't easy nor cheap; or easy with smog.

Also don't buy a used cell. The bladders don't last long... ~10 years. I would have someone make you a gas tank....then you can run a stock pump/sender etc. Danny Giannini builds some bitchen tanks as I am sure many others on here could build you one. (might be a cheaper option than going fuel cell)

True that! Yeah engine swap isn't easy nor cheap; or easy with smog.

Also don't buy a used cell. The bladders don't last long... ~10 years. I would have someone make you a gas tank....then you can run a stock pump/sender etc. Danny Giannini builds some bitchen tanks as I am sure many others on here could build you one. (might be a cheaper option than going fuel cell)
THIS!!! I really want a tank made over a fuel cell. That way i can have internal baffles and still use the stock sender/ pump. I dont wanna be guessing how much fuel i have left every time i go out, especially if im gonna daily it.

I bought a cheap k5 blazer tank (31 gallons and dimensions I needed), cut out my oem s10 sending unit retaining ring, and welded it onto the new tank. I'm able to use the stock fuel system junk, and have plenty of fuel for the trips I do. Also, it's not a bright red fuel cell at the back of the truck

Soooo update. I swapped the 3rds by myself on mostly memory watching my friends do it the first time. There were a few things i could have done differently but considering I basically winged all of it; it aint too bad. The silicone job i did is pure amateur hour lol. The gears still looked good, it was just the pinion seal itself was pulling out. Could be that the bearing went bad. Im on hold for ordering a big bearing pinion support as my 4.0’s are done and i need a “smog” and pay registration.

I took my bedsides off to help motivate me to fill the gas door hole in and fill the “oopsies” hole under the tail light. As of Sunday 3/3/24 its filled in and just needs finishing touches and paint. It COULD look better but im not going for perfection. If i wanted that, i would pay someone to do it. I have a plan in place to get a skeleton made for my 1 piece here soon too.

I sold my fuel cell, so currently only thing im missing for my back half, besides more material and misc stuff, is a new tank. Also on the back burner as my bypasses are done lol. The plan is to finish the bedsides, put schumacher metal works steering upgrade on, redo my alignment (again), do the 1 piece install + paint, and set a date for the back half. Ideally next summer, start the back half.

They finished my 4.0x18’s yesterday 3/4/24 too. Need to talk to Brett and get those paid for, then get back to saving for the other things i need. I will post pics soon.

Having issues uploading pics from my phone; says “file too large” will try to post from my laptop at a later time. Basically everything i take with my iphone is too big lol

Back