97 3rd gen Toyota 4Runner Race Truck Build

Yeah driver side has brass bushing on frame and centerlink and pass side has brass bushing at frame and heim at centerlink

Yeah camburg 2.5" hubs and customer says he's gonna get a burg floater with same hubs out back to better match the track width of the front. But we shall see what his budget will allow for

Just got the correct reverse steering gear box so will install that tomorrow. Also customer is bringing 2 walker wheels off his land cruiser since they have the correct 4.25" center bore so this thing can roll and get picked up while I finish other projects, aka my ford before it comes back for cage and new steps. Made some box tube supports tacked to frame to hold front end up since no shock mounts yet. Easy with some 1 1/4" box tubing I had, cut a v to saddle bottom edge of frame, drilled hole and tacked in place.

IMG_20220728_162718_01.jpgPXL_20220728_224206362.jpgPXL_20220728_224157352.jpg

Ok no idea how this happened but my Dad and I installed the original box and turned it and saw the pitman arm was going backwards. SO i ordered a reverse box that just came in yesterday. I installed it, made a mock up link to connect to centerlink and turned the wheels and that one is backwards now. So i removed that box and installed the original one I bought and now everything is good. This stage of the 4runner is done and once the customer actually gets wheels that will fit these race hubs it will be heading back to his place so he can save more money, buy more parts and allow my shop to finish other jobs that are backed up by this snowball.

So the steering prototype is in and installed. Customer needs to buy a 6" throw ram, shortened to 5 3/4" for me to install. Once I get that mocked up I will build one beefy bracket to connect the rod from pitman arm to centerlink. I will be selling this as a builder kit. Plates for box to frame, plates for pathfinder steering transfer gear, swingers, brackets, centerlink, pitman arm, heims w/bungs and tubing for connecting rod from pitman to centerlink as well as some tabs for that, or customer can fabricate his own tabs to incorporate the ram assist into it.

VTSu6o_aSoWwUJB5Vi5abg.jpgbKPZfcXVRo2WdsqggtY8qg.jpg6B8ohdBqQk6rGiYQyIqPwg.jpgogqScL3BQXeGX3CiqnoVtA.jpgnTXoJIZGTu2OZT1AxyERvQ.jpg

boy oh boy. this is kinda random but, sure would suck if you were like very disabled and had a traumatic brain injury or something..................

oh wait.
you do.........

hayzoos lawoosus. you still build amazing shit Tommy. still.
💕💕💕

It was picked up and he wanted to bring it back for me to do the and everything but I haven't heard from him and he needed a lot of parts before that would ever happen . He wanted a camburg floater, ads 4.0 rear shocks, larger fuel cell, radiator, trans cooler and all parts associated with those things. I also need to finish my truck before this would come back but no word from him the next project in my shop will be whoever has money and parts required for installation.

Back