4x4 DBL Cab Tacoma Build

Best mod I did to my truck

A picture containing car, outdoor, curbDescription automatically generated

D8EjaMPKNv7LvGPzGE1HbFRFLep72Z4wsDYUdImHQlfE4yXEu0Bl9hIFCVtR4tT0aZhZPNORrjtGbxMqENU__bAehdEFPjRm6oBh_hMgJO9JmSa5eg7DHvP9LRf11YiJSJF1T3ViOpyFjjtXEnSJVqQ

After I went through 2 sunpro guages I went with autometer and its been going strong
A view of a street from inside a carDescription automatically generated with low confidence

And a few pics from my trip down to baja
5voiUEAh0uGWSWoNii_v801xGyuwOnZxy47m_oe999s1sfKyYiqjmSefk5dWj5YQRCyU1qzts0Bz4SGjl5lYprSlvJlOOOpzYC3HJschAeOrUvxggFyR9nlQlDIXoUh-xznliVSMKw94UyERJNSso_c

A picture containing outdoor, beach, sand, sandyDescription automatically generated

U_0Yq5SiMp8YSsWQo-qI4CzvLgoCBEszre1GShn7yzmC81xToOjIg_b2-dmpmLfKAPylhDKnvIbjZut9QFnbQhONCLS92qVdSX2D2Wn8e6hGjp2kOqdE167aDHKZ9rh8juz5Il0EsLJhGtEOT4NUbrM

I'm hoping to paint and start my tire carrier in June
6/1/10
I got some more updates. I rebuilt my leaf springs (cleaned, painted, and replaced pads and center bolt), replaced my shackle bushings, put in a disconnect switch for the battery, cut my bedsides cause they were dragging all the time, and built a rear bumper. Here are some pics.
A picture containing engineDescription automatically generated

A picture containing indoorDescription automatically generated

A picture containing indoor, old, dirtyDescription automatically generated

RTBy8VlG-wrcdDWbDDWyzNLDuGwxNeDG80RqzhIMBnlyDaZvDpipBJPBHVHQoU6evuJGXjRVDjFW0PpHO95_0zjp89fOllyaNwwNs2YytTsxYhXyVUqnTvlr0znCVFWH8CkCb5Il7Vwn3w5LA58e8D4

A picture containing text, trashDescription automatically generated

hFfEvJriiAmbK3mIwHTnLj5g_J7-719QbJhs6Dq7wen7tDmgTbKVKNvodj_zaHWbRqAmy4jS1g20-7_r-aElTPMw68PD4zKkwC9HTCuHIe3l6zY_3ns8xHJdKxiUuSN9ZHb71RZtP7AVn2iXs8kNhVY

A picture containing sky, outdoor, transport, lightDescription automatically generated

A picture containing outdoor, car, parked, truckDescription automatically generated

I got all the pieces cnc plasma cut out of 3/16", soo much more convenient. The holes were originally going to be for dimple dies but it was too thick so I just plugged it up. I still need to trim the width of the bent tube and I'm going to throw a hitch down there and add a bunch of tube diagonals. I'm still planning on doing the spare tire deal but I'm not going to have enough time before the weekend. It makes me want to redo my front now with the horn style
6/30/10
I finally have some updates!
First off, I've been feeling some weird vibrations drving around and I tried telling myself that it's just because I have an offroad truck but yesterday it was pretty bad so I decided to take a look under and found this
A picture containing outdoor, engine, gearDescription automatically generated

one bolt missing, two over half way out, and the last hand tight. Yikes. I replaced the bolt and loctited the crap out of them and now it drives fine

Now to updates. I got my tire carrier built. It's a little different than my previous concepts but I like it and it should work well
A picture containing outdoor, road, car, curbDescription automatically generated

A picture containing text, truck, outdoorDescription automatically generated

A close-up of a car tireDescription automatically generated with low confidence

It's just resting on my bed as of now but it will eventually sit on a crossmember once I cut the bed. After that the tires will sit much lower. It definitely makes a huge difference having that weight back there.

I made a skid for the jack which mates up with the tire carrier. I made a spinner (super cheap) to hold it down. There's a teather with a lock that keeps anyone from stealing it and also keeps the spinner from coming loose
EVD4VEDsiT91KCFxRLze0Rl69PaJNPvinGFz_UdG01ZR2tVzRcjielgomVVFIQvvNEcCBKFJSB7akvVcnd6vS325auUY01E0QAs-qn-Yf2uh7dMunyhHW23aGviSeB6P2fMp8ysQOMIVpwBStF4NlUw

A picture containing diagramDescription automatically generated

Lastly, I added some ammo cans. They just mount to the hoops. I modified the closing mech so I could use this part to lock it: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
It's pretty nice not having my tool box at the feet of the passenger seats

9/1/10
I'm finally getting around to post my updates

I made a crossmember to protect my dif mounts. It got bashed on the passenger side the first time I went out and it held up fine. you can see where the tube is smashed in
DnHit-RARadT9981-dypIUaqoXu9puiDC6dMLS47aht1D6GSFFqRK_1_nTpgTB-bKxlBipEn1thmVJSyik3y7_SUhJW2PNlcr_ZduSg7uaqL28YlnIv3tJiPPxH9Bpob221ckw3CLSDEPoCHUvdpn2Y

I put some holes in my front skid plate and my trannys running a lot cooler now
o36-o2MW9chI5W3cAqqBsJiGw_qdt7RNmrepOTB0nzoMasVdWZjM49SKWa99TCtTbV6AE-SyAWEln__1Wth-9QhWU9Qk71-JRLR0ok8Yt0DO56HQ5lOOadG8-6MJlsF0mSnGr-3-5pHka5IjwPOJOCs

And for the two big finales
paint
v8QAXmQZRoIvmNF9h8jXQ3WRNIiz50gRwKLh61sv2Om3orV8-MINGfy_oVbFawwMBFkHYwJOsLcvSFb3Sk-iOzvLeUV7wVuKBTwaCXb0oZsrDmKqA9FVfBQTpuJG3EzI2q1imJBNsRQV8BXZ9fbXYhw

and all pro 50t's
jI3TU5SiRFlmUdQ9xkqBQRuW4bJVd4wwJkwp4OTl-ZgBmyTNNaCUZmORASIIx2MUOBzedtOfKRpABT6ytIvAJK5WHbR8UztPrh3lIc0ncLp-iYelbSak3VfHF-KChCJV3Sfa_zw10_axrLAC0w7c2MA

Z0-3QYABPgYLYZLQfRIHAgr3Pxl0QaRbaD0VHwYIX1SA2mhZXjenk_rjRNlFMGmQ045UjfDaBeRFM-5MsXLrsAHQlrw4awc-7RfFtlSfh0GPJf_Z0e2ElrDbKsPhawLz3qBlQxrpHToXh-HhYEKnYWc

all pro's vs my beat up F67's
0vyVWOsmvIEALkkWT7seRI1YU36Ry8bZMR1Xj_UObLeblUaXrQlZqWiu577S8mgBMWjoiz6ke6UJz09A880ELR1Ex4Ltsanbv4EN16_L1vy5up59e8EhxXR2GozamxpU9eSOETN_vHg1x_b-_A7LTfU

I have 9" of uptravel now vs sitting on my bumpstops. It rides soo much better
I also changed my front springs to 700's and revalved my shocks to make the compression stiffer. That also makes a world of difference. I'm going to baja this weekend to test it all out

9/10/10
Converted my drums to discs using my front calipers
Here's the Bracket I used
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...ers-p-413.html

I ran into a few problems. When I turned down the axle flange I used a tundra rotor to mock it up so when I went to put it together there wasn't enough material taken off so I had to take it back. The holes for the calipers on the bracket were off so I had to drill out the caliper holes a little bigger. I had to grind down the back of the axle housing flange because it had ridges that hit the bracket. I used all my stock brake lines and just put some loops in the hardlines to squeeze it all in
A picture containing floor, indoorDescription automatically generated

Here is what needs to be turned down. This is an after shot
A picture containing floor, indoor, groundDescription automatically generated

I removed the dust shield cause it wouldn't fit in the lathe otherwise. I had to replace the wheel bearings anyway so that wasn't a big deal
4RZi_odYzBG8tzECXsMEkMyy4eH7hlpsad2O2Ugf8Hn9cemEoEhq6BI9uJ10QseiDW6o4nB7ynSz8dIzTUg4YYxK240raJ5xOdEQJDxXeJ6JQRoo5kw1B0OR3uuBq57EAtbi7TolGNxmoMfxC3oxw5A

These are the ridges that had it be ground down. they were pretty small but it made the bracket sit crooked if I left them
A picture containing indoor, personDescription automatically generated

I ground a fillet to avoid the ridges too
2ltRSB_5IFat73ZHJV30oivZR_9OdFLYR4QfyAnG0DOWk8X-5GVgyky6xFOuXHO3b-ls5E-7ixG1OK-3OLpEp8KphAiK7gi0WdMPPOFpBAKKLTLq1ZcSrj_6ZT-gc9puT6qQ9RJCLKJ2ZWZVEBLdvG8

Bracket sitting in place

My camera died so there are a few steps I skipped

Installed
A close-up of a machineDescription automatically generated with low confidence

A close up of a car tireDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

My pedal feels soft but I can still lock brakes. I have a tundra brakes up front so maybe the master cylinder is underpowered? It's not really a problem right now so I wont worry about it until later

PS the caliper is were it is because the housing has a boss for the ABS at the top

I also made a switch to disable ABS when I offroad. I don't have an elocker anymore since I swapped to a tundra axle with LSD. To do it I wired the switch between the red/black and black/red wires on the locker connector
A picture containing person, holding, hand, indoorDescription automatically generated

These guys

I finally got around to wiring my tranny gauge to the dash lights. My gauge is an autometer one and it only had one wire to connect for the dimmer. I connected it to the white/green wire that comes off the dimmer switch connector. sorry no pics on this one
9/13/10
I added a 2 lb residual vavle this weekend and my brakes feel almost 100%. I have my prop valve fully closed (less brake in the rear) and they lock just a hair before the front but theres not much I can do about that. Its pretty crazy that the vavle was fully open when I had the drums
HvsJUMZjjb3JtFQy_1mWHk48SEP2dUpKFEpwERBNgdQ3U6EgfOjtHfzeCg8CqSTwhp21FxFar6uZ1kl6ON-m7wKkaBie7pxuMzPG0w8d-NC_AhdiOLbdaxk7zwuWM2Mm2c8XbNF1IpJRsqgJpwXBOvg

Here is the residual vavle connected to the proportional valve

Here are my brake lines. It's not pretty but it works until I get some custom ones made
JQxTciU5MEpiv22wrrgjE1OmAXO3W-Kg9oXM4T4GSeHRfAHB7y9eDB4HbgB0fyPNYl0bALhsv-Sp1uZ3Z4HBp6bgtF-7PC0tEtbZ2ruYMPm2zw5PY-Z9obm6k6XAD8YXQjcboTz0n204kVDLaKhCy2A

The tee
A picture containing old, dirty, engine, gearDescription automatically generated

you can see the stock flex line going to the stock hard line.

Links to hardware
http://polyperformance.com/shop/Resi...e-p-18853.html

http://polyperformance.com/shop/Wilw...alve-p-72.html

Here's what my truck looks like with 800lbs in the back not counting spares and jack. This was the first time I tried to load a pallet in my truck with a forklift. It was a PITA but it worked...
BK5LtJsH1LZcZKN4Och_i6At5lFiQ3JaNWlPrkLiG-Ro21ejpNYJRQG-Jh7z5-EkfrAU9hMjsRGuEpvDbBVbGXLDvNhbgpUpNxPyDfz1KdkffVrpqalFET_BB6g20z-dm8oo_EhBkSnu7pPPlMaNJ1k

it was still 1" from hitting my 3" long bumps
ycIBsU-eMVwbvrt99P-lSioNLb39k0VgNn1_OBwVClYVp714gJtf9w9vyIX4AONlCo8rMVUZLIknKQ362f-KyJ1DzneoMJJLTBJM8tMM9REPssjHfYZ3qu6PBvVQodRoczzeL4FBikOMJoUB17XHPPM

Thats $17k worth of inconel 625. That material is legit. It literally doesn't corrode in the ocean.

I spent almost 12 hrs on saturday making a hitch and making some supports for my tire carrier but its not finished. I just need to add two small tube gussets and a connector mount for the hitch. Here's a teaser
31cd7022MDdDnBhHra4KugmKkAMSjeZ4gooYvcvHgmY46ILgQJzOeTzlRD_nYiYgMIXexBqhLDrpfOJl7HSMwJecN_6TfZnHkI1duhpkcVnMVyzphQS67DYvZHVHksN-8q7xQLOHnfuEmIxm7ucnnNc

Here is the tire carrier which is pretty much done. It looks so much better with the tires down farther than sitting on top of my bed. It freakin heavy so I'm going to add some air shocks
_XHLTfrNy_WmnlkrN1CCkw4-rVOIWU7fwvcRH0iUlG_PX0rTYuxOegIha7iXT6qobDzChj16zlswEtuRjt8OFcX1BHumSKVh6-Vx3gPqve_D5W6zI1mkkWI7G4jd36Qjy0S9EvYdShi40d3Faq7VZSQ

A picture containing outdoor, road, car, curbDescription automatically generated

9/21/10
I finished my hitch. It should be pretty stout, at least as strong as a normal hitch. The two tubes that go left-right are 2x3x3/16" and the one that connects the two is .25" thick. All the plating is 3/16" except where the chain connects which is .25". I made a cardboard template for the chain/connector mount and got it plasma cut, so convenient.
A picture containing old, dirtyDescription automatically generated

A picture containing weaponDescription automatically generated

A picture containing cooking, grillDescription automatically generated

A close-up of a car engineDescription automatically generated with low confidence

for now the tires just sit on this notched tube. not sure if I like it. I just have a ratchet strap holding the tires down now but I want some kind of lever/lock like on the ammo cans
w_tMGJpmRfPGIWJxdK4rNJC4FxuJqeCF3Bzphx10ssJz4zKsJkC6ihR46TbHJQrptsHQMNKtGQeCP-BU_mO7KtEi2SNvBeImXIV7n0uZJIkTAWSUg_PGrA-10EcrJNKT1_W4_2bo1njyYSe709e8TRk

I also mounted my license plate after 6 months of being zip tied
A picture containing text, nightDescription automatically generated

A picture containing night, light, darkDescription automatically generated

A picture containing textDescription automatically generated

looks pretty sweet with the LED bolts

lastly, i made some supports for my bedsides. long overdue. I don't really like the diagonal ones cause it kind of blocks the bed

Redoing my heim steering. Should be a lot better than how i have it now. I'm going to hold off on changing out the inner ball joint
A picture containing indoor, woodenDescription automatically generated

psdSGxuZa8Ta-z8X6WU9Q3EHrG6HiiYl_-71LkxylwxLtOCbDwQIZLkj21Yg9mqvRi_6CfMIVmZVVmv7tXRRwFeO8C6EJ36-wdQECJLL99Tq_fYHeMRlpOFnuGGvjiSCAocZmK04Bu3BAtFYWE0dbHM

Hopefully I'll have it in by Sunday
Got one side done. It took me a few hours just to drill out the damn spindle to put in the sleeve. I went through a few drills. Not sure what the problem was anyway here are a few pics

Before:
A close-up of a car engineDescription automatically generated with low confidence

After:
A close-up of some pipesDescription automatically generated with low confidence

FaUBijdB9lFWD18zObblUO023HsAPzcVEQ-aGQZLOD7tpnIRP4bLoZWU-xhfXyg6VKd2PyqkEcW1Ur6vLsAH8o1EgafxGJXeRMEsT2vr65rx3sgEFZgQijp3gStVvj8NL_C1Z18uYBubIBntKDM4Onk

Pretty scary that it was actually bent.
m6xdt6U8n6y5iVuum5hl-uAK-wcjVSlsgtKINnwTKCcgCkPS0ttMBVtkk2u_RY67S1jvn8AnCJTqN_C5uThapJ4tvEpyJ2RaP-nj5sNF6RtjLZKYB94jTKp7J-iOHR8MhEquoHSGOfvdq4eiGsU7aWM

the old one was made from 1.25 OD A36 steel and it was necked down to 1" where it was hitting the secondary shock tab and there was a 18mm thread which left about a 1/8" wall thickness. The new one is 1.25 OD 1018 steel (just a hair better than A36) but the threaded hole doesn't go into the necked down part. plus the heim is a lot better and its in double shear

This is why that notch is in there
bEHadnj9scaHwiuzNZn9niBZdYOcAUJ1_1J0q15e9oD4KLycPv_WdQT0hJgvVSQzyvlKoWaV1JDvdbJlEqQ50cQQkY3rAVfIKOeXHyX3j9avn9H3Oqop-sXD6fEwYUSRjd4qyeRlHhP0EPuzPv268VI

After seeing the old tie rods bent I put a rosette weld in these ones were the bolt is welded in
LB3oahLsyCve-pcco9Des1Uvxy677j06dVYKcYSqlRWF7Ujlv1ocvIgu-PXonqxR7arqf4R2TM23zSF_J0XoG6m2djV4g485lBbz0-QQwvNBa645Pkq1ILLJAwidhqLBYddykiuzNa6eBWncFgafSxM

ks8GJYwO4LiK56blZPQ2g0aGCUjRw83UzPO3RnhJlBCClQGvAXGgN-bL2cqTxh87abYNwSUrXO9Fioj64QtGhLPT5PjFdWTgnT8MD2xWqoWzquDcj5BKtPqd5PXkB9_W0kSEzqJ5Gvlrt1hcQ0ast1k

Just finished making a motor mount for my passenger side. It came out super legit but I kinda botched it up when I welded it to the frame. It's 1000x times better than it was and once I do my engine cage I'll be able to weld the frame plate better. I'm going to wait to do the drivers side until I do the engine cage but I'm definitely going to do the tanny mount before I go out again. This job was the shittiest thing I've had to do to my truck. Everything is super cramped and I had to take out my starter and pull my CV. It was a lot more work than I had orginally planned on. Richer Racing was a huge help. Hit Jonny up if you want some mounts. We're going to do the tranny mounts in the next week or two. Here are some pics

Broken Mount
A picture containing engine, dirtyDescription automatically generated

A picture containing outdoorDescription automatically generated

Wrenchin'
A person working on a machineDescription automatically generated with low confidence

Cutting out new mounts

New frame perch (unfortunately those aren't my welds, thanks Jonny)
A picture containing metalware, lockDescription automatically generated

A picture containing metalware, silverDescription automatically generated

Motor mount with bushing sleeve
A picture containing metalware, key, gearDescription automatically generated

A picture containing dirty, trashDescription automatically generated

Assembled
A picture containing blackDescription automatically generated

0q-mr-yxRKZVoWG0NaNDzSKZn_THofwdeCXNIFuvTmhOm3DYIQmdqxFlJeZiICk2R3z0UTEF9PJqXu1LliX9rcef33dpur3x4y8xRlC5X085mQlbIeW_j48mVaL02HL748UwSO696cX6Zpp624amUm0

Installed (This is why the starter had to be taken out) I could barely get the camera in there to take a good pic
A close-up of a car engineDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

Well I finally got a commuter car so it's full steam with the truck
A car parked in a parking lotDescription automatically generated

awww yeah (except its a Ford....)

Stripped the interior
A picture containing car, indoor, transport, ovenDescription automatically generated

A picture containing indoor, engineDescription automatically generated

started the dash then gave up for a while. That thing is such a pain

current progress with 35's mocked up
A picture containing car, outdoor, truck, roadDescription automatically generated

My first goal is the engine mounts then Im going to make tabs for the upper arms and cut off the coil bucket completely. Once I do that then I'll start the cage. It's going to be 2" main tubes

and the rest 1.75"

My main purchases that I have to make are tubes, 10" Coilovers, 4 x Beard Seats, and 35" tires. Im sure there'll be a bunch of other random crap I need. If you guys see any of this used hit me up
I've been getting some stuff done slowly but surely. I made tabs on the outside of the UCA and cut off the coilbucket. My next step is to do the motor mounts then I'll start the cage

Passenger side (I f'd up welding the perch in...but I'm going to redo it)
A close-up of a car engineDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

whats left of the drivers side motor mount

X-mas in January!!!

Beard Seats, 10" coilovers, steering wheel, and harnesses

35x17's. They're BFG MT KRs (race tires). Theyre grooved differently from each other so we'll se how they ride. I want to try and make two sets of matching ones but for the price I'm happy
A picture containing indoor, wheel, gearDescription automatically generated

For the coilovers I have a #100 stack on compression and the #50 stack on rebound (http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tec...VING_SPECS.pdf). For springs I have a 13"x650lb and a 10"x500lb. I'll let you know how it rides

I'm going to put a full day in saturday so we'll see what else I can knock out
I got the motor mounts done. I just need to fully weld them and box them in

Passenger
vdi06l7_LJm7EwblSaGX8PsNbuxXrRLwAajihXkJStooAL7mV3jzOrfk_XR-dta9svkiD1VTytNFRFAo3QN9O-R5hdkZEPpunb13KWq9Tuutp--sP8kNg7VC1WKW4DYOcYdeYSRJL22dfUHJ10g1NVY

Driver
a8b2Yavk7F_LdhIHKsv2b9wlKr4rxTiso98_-mdB89gJqH1OjnXqhtcfHYwWqtQbSVEiSJA4ObzjdXDIF4g1CQb0bXLP7NpPE5SvpltFDf4QecSMPbFkOE7Tx6mQo4sZSCxhMxF4210jxY0QXTMcy_4

A picture containing engine, old, dirtyDescription automatically generated

Started to cut sheet metal out so I can make the cage nice and tight
A picture containing carDescription automatically generated

Dash is gone, Ill put that metal bracket tube back in after I do the A pillars and dash tube
The inside of a carDescription automatically generated with low confidence

I'm thinking about cutting out this hump. The gas tank is there but that my be motivation to get a cell. I dont want passengers hitting their heads on tubes
A picture containing indoor, dirtyDescription automatically generated

I started clearing the 35's. I didnt have to take out as much as I thought but it took some persuasion with a hammer. I still need to knock off the very corner and it'll be good
A picture containing indoor, floor, clutteredDescription automatically generated

I basically just made a cut on the corner and beat it with a hammer. the edges ended up overlapping so I wont have to add any material there
7AQjXkQQKiw0wdjCwAOm0vndEYewCn793NrBkz0L1URNL0rsrIVUYeU2inGneMzdgn6xDaN4W5DjiknqM59yKYVsrYRiSLOmr-kDKoTrcsuYfOS4IsOtz-L-z4BxtTgR9othQ7Pv4Y7gg-uxotAFtAc

A picture containing engine, dirtyDescription automatically generated

I have much more ground clearance now
A picture containing indoor, orangeDescription automatically generated

Im hoping to get the first tube in this weekend or early next week

Picked up some new seats, cut off the bedcage, and dropped the gas tank. It's coming slowly but surely
lUyBhxRK-9-XsH-nuMEEWpHpq_g5YkwZwCAATNJmc2Og6uHH3FltDFKXPspcpURWbhqYVp5bjXh0qInDtHqeXekn5mbZ0gg9enk0zz3hu7k-5d-AexGXA-Xz3jRfTAN5-Dh7P7RPZ-YixaLdL6BuhtY

A picture containing transport, dirty, gearDescription automatically generated

Here are my rough plans
A picture containing decoratedDescription automatically generated

_FuaenF4_BCr8C5f9bTvQXe0QqvFcZAsa8C470eDms49gBS5sf3UgyN50OR-jQC8RNFpo9o4XXmBPPM1E1NTMdAYdki1GzT13s_Ze4uvTQpRxpifaIw1BfJJEaQTgoYOvDs5IcJnBrgdsOVoRUkZQAk

VqBhVDXNk4t1FS5jC6IacmbRsW67UVr5VXEaHVY6pEq--09aSKSiZk5Ub3UDB88mBL3ujfA7FzUnDQo3OwHinVTH90FkdLjyzTEuIZy-MHG5GISdm6gvegFPZsxi2yb29_NU1POdDn0dl-arD4soJKc

In other news, I cut all the sheet metal out and the hump out of the back
_829A8_lzsAkDzX25ijr3JdK1GQ8_qdgGOKgIiY2sWsKf4-qtWyGI0x6vFKVql6Vk6t19go6VsigiWIH_vl3TEE2HaMcH7PHlxT4kiqYe9Xj6yYDNhyYj6_KUsKgr3Tt6sZ91Xj85C0QX-o7lqxazvU

p7bupp9e48ahongF2dKJ7XOxUpbGpGxaXQm-6uBEjQr0AFyraZF8kqQzPeFFIeBJYyzipbSD3qVqfRRhpfWNj1xhAIXO66km_YieiAz5QppvzKbhzaK10d-4r53YRgr7e6hfdaA9aEZ14qUq2-OZx4Y

A picture containing indoor, oldDescription automatically generated

A picture containing indoor, messy, dirty, trashDescription automatically generated

and got a 32 gal fuel safe. Im gonna put it behind the cab
A picture containing oven, dirtyDescription automatically generated

Finally started getting some tubework done. I got these done in two nights after work. Not too bad for the little experience I have. The cage is going to be super tight and tucked

A-pillars
A car with its hood openDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

A close-up of a steering wheelDescription automatically generated with low confidence

Brow Bar

Nubbins stickin out the back
A picture containing indoor, control panelDescription automatically generated

Im keeping the stock dash to try and keep things clean looking

Here are the rest of the A-pillars where it meets the frame. These tube were such a pain to put in and they took forever
A picture containing indoor, weaponDescription automatically generated

A car engine with its hood openDescription automatically generated with low confidence

Close-up of a car engineDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

The V-bar is a little wider than I would of liked but its going to make the engine cage a lot easier to tie in
A picture containing indoor, oven, appliance, cookingDescription automatically generated

A picture containing car, oldDescription automatically generated

I decided to cut off my roof to fully weld rather than trying to drop it. In the long run I think its going to be easier and the welds will be better
Got some more done on the cage over the weekend and last night

B&C Pillars
A picture containing car, transport, oldDescription automatically generated

A picture containing indoor, openDescription automatically generated

B Tucked

C Tucked
A picture containing indoor, wallDescription automatically generated

B to Frame
A picture containing stoneDescription automatically generated

C to Frame

Roof Tubes
A close up of a car's windshieldDescription automatically generated with low confidence

A close-up of a bicycle handleDescription automatically generated with low confidence

A picture containing indoor, kitchen applianceDescription automatically generated

Q1u1bVuZiCNAXDl4yjMdoQmIeNumfDoAuuBvWSTXcmwb1L31YdkvBXinK1ialvsEVwFJGHWOZgarejZHAPtVShlK63DNVCxgIZ--stKIb44k3IR5F8KpvOJHpyb_KYMsyC1Xpqh8q2lrJKF9yZQLdZ4

A picture containing indoor, windowDescription automatically generated

I still need to do the diagonals on the roof. Cage is coming along but its going to be slow progress the next few weeks because of work and I'm going to BAP

I got some of the diagonal tubes in last night. took me a lot longer to put in because I didn't really know what I was doing and where to make them meet. I looked at a few other trucks in the shop and figured it out and luckily I was able to modify the tubes I already made to work. it feels good to have to use a hammer to get tubes in

lqxvb2WzVCczjeveHH0eChNdSkX6oMI0y2Qr3JBS5KdBUPC6OuAWm5pJO8t_CgTNDEqiApZiiZYCdd8uo3jN8M2npt81ED2EkbTAg2GAMPZ6-G8_RUa35fIgw34z1aRRKap79tWmHtQ3uuUPgC9Tm2w

I got the rest of the roof tubes in
A picture containing car, control panelDescription automatically generated

ZGMvv1m26yDrWTIABsErouDb6p-w3NqTmNE2xosqrRx09LTN_eIDEQ-YRSMF6PViZos9VUYqJyCzPYr6k-kIpfv2D0f5oAfOS7pssNb_qxr_sTABrtEz2Id_g0FvlKRKaDeYaocynznMVskhs_9EhJ4

and started filling in the C-pillar

A picture containing car, transportDescription automatically generated

I decided to redo the B-pillars so the back seat would have more leg room because its going to be pretty tight back there. the b-pillar is not going to come down to a floor tube and then im going to come up from the frame and support in from there
here are the floor tubes
A picture containing engine, oldDescription automatically generated

seat tubes
kkWvzy3p9_WGdEe3081Ng2rkUirNe1MOFbe5B42sg-e4ywg8ekdJFiW7EokDOz1yEhCpyMWtIRkXWjGp48tYyJeUbMRYeMwh3W2OE2XhNExQU2NdBEgFQMieSG8Nm-G4TFIzWTcnVaycQ2GyFzB-Spg

I ran out of material and I'm in Long Beach all week for work but I'm hoping I can hit it hard this weekend
Got the C-pillar filled in. I ended up putting a few bends in it to tuck it against the back.
A picture containing indoor, open, dirtyDescription automatically generated

C-pillar to frame connection
A picture containing engine, oldDescription automatically generated

B-pillar horizontal
A picture containing indoor, seat, openDescription automatically generated

front seat tubes

A picture containing oldDescription automatically generated

Hopefully I can start welding the cage this weekend

small update
Got some gussets put in
Fc3V7A--wok2zvkAhDV6GGN6AtstNnilmKxslquhH6WGEP_VLNW8uiDwTBVfjbz9HPdH5wsGK_S3kIwMbiW5fqNRAKb8-1BdfD3omDAQfNQMm71zS56zOijL-Z8J1yLtUwsVSBtKw8Dl_YeGAqNOH1o

upXgc8XXnQ8FAiqislNHtA84__zWtyvoP-62HCKaYuEaMSZcrIGnAdnZo0dB02GnJCoi8IiP6tB90-cFsLb3TZ7tfV_8a9QQ2MbPACOwQ4oaUUVAIPS8zNy_TwhobUXdfOPM3wksEls2U-Zga6RRCMs

attached the B-pillar to the frame (gonna add some plating to either side of the tube and also on the A-pillar)
EeXMAU2R3-bCzNECS3BMmN9nRiR7VEqGMZTZwrrRzwqfv_BsyzlATY0W1hVZnZSeTiXzvk5etOS87Ow1Qi9924C62HZ4VQGyqEcsOuHqVgdWQPhGsXgHFd5n-aUbfcOMetGg-OnoAXrgY2OS4nncdnU

B9uoXljCoQQHuewFL1BNYuN_5dBMOz7rJQ6eRUbmIiFRFmr69SiRNwdQYJbu9vCKWT4LaQHpdM9XPLRp0QHxq02xZyfAhU7SIkwtioTPmzphvT4S7szu1CDqu2vdjeOSKNihHSlZX-2rQWAJIOUFQ6s

I finished grinding off the old leaf hangers so I'm going to start setting up the rear soon
I got the B-pillar diagonals in today and the drivers seat mounted
A picture containing indoor, chair, seatDescription automatically generated

oNw2Ac7VD9f_HQOgzKFd5IBtpitlRJCHSpUa5Lmfi5agVYlfJa45NJivzE4koiaY0zG77LRJ4n8CyBLr-jzcrWTvhSC8HqfDp8PAACIfIz9MljQ9BLbASAo2LOuuT_Tt-lQWZS4bx6_DJn8-Z1TwL5w

1MOpL8QV9nGLnYadhPQD_75i7OSdPnp4CQmaY066YJtA85cqW4iC1X7PdqwbFX94me7rNPRjGJ-QazclMctlt5zrESur6BpSF2mKPq19U24EBbZ0Iw23Z6JFmuVOO4JBrnnlKPLd5iNwjFnPh-1B1Ug

I had to tuck it in super tight because there isn't too much room back there. Here's the leg room but I'm 6'3" and size 13. hopefully who's ever back there is smaller
lYhq7zhGFKPyY9BPYk3IMAjXWXTeDDGm_eLZAex79vj2sL3q7sP2eQx_hTNg4CCnMQiNgTC2fKu-m0M4lSMEca41kl2Bdk0G164MY_boye9DiIaE9j7KnRZWnr10afqvCEtCVdB1VUfX0aOEKm19QOI

F12p5B2_nDvs54y_IgLsFcy6wL2oWX2fVWKNCpyBDIUyeNK0ZvK21U3dzcSuZEU7VfGDDHgac3HYdEVHZXKcwJO5NM20P8B2bQfOIYKuQE0ZhoNwmDxN6ucUpFlC3v750dhmiOj-u6O4sMEG_5pBo1I

The seat is on a slider. It mounts with tube bungs on either end
TC42rKelygcJHBvEdU3WBNUpL0nVOUFTJ3WzAJjDcrRY3cx-svv93AEAW7KN_4toeYDX1BJvujLUe1r9r0--XUN3nLCAt0hATU1IVkTc2ceo0JfQVpeW4K69rr_reMqlnUG8-ekgdF0nOkslxfSbbOg

back
A picture containing indoor, engine, dirtyDescription automatically generated

forward
er-4ucOSTTjeEm25Cvx9Zv2-x7A2gBC_AW5wMYwYZLSM6DW8G0o0sr2fXZ2bxTKS6hVdb79_-Ez6Zjh4EJ4q6NTTpwG7eaPJKn2q2hCjE3Rh4mbhbE68K2zQqZHW2SV-w53ZjUAYAdvyFPPeEZ7e7zM

Finally started welding. I should be cutting the roof off this week
A picture containing indoor, metal, closeDescription automatically generated

A picture containing old, dirtyDescription automatically generated

A picture containing indoor, silver, dirtyDescription automatically generated

I also picked up this beast. hopefully I can make it work. 9" full floater!
27xYs9IBEfyF7ui72ozGmTVVlgqSxh-0I8jIlpwC0e_vATsFmqFjbnAwJHOqc_UiJdhb1YlqrCdH3PY_tSep8_wi-imP-TWcK9W5y5ctG6w10r83exV5Zlcg68mgvU0lXMFFieJG1x8AGKt9lnPqQ6c

A picture containing floorDescription automatically generated

zCGrpYhaytiW0XhlfcJWtL30VQFehO5WyNipjgd1otb9wsO4mi1cwGfAxPf3H_oZzNkWsu2aL6gVh9WvT2FwFYKNXsoRhUPTtxV44ftU1Bt2nLFek9uCmjLEfjBUpeMgQlohA7_xjQqoVv8Jp_OS3tA

I took yesterday off work and and cut the roof off and did a bunch of welding
A picture containing parkedDescription automatically generated

A picture containing wall, oldDescription automatically generated

A car in a garageDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

A black car in a garageDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

A picture containing bicycle, black, rackDescription automatically generated

A close-up of some pipesDescription automatically generated with low confidence

Access hole in the back. I was trying to be clever by cutting only 3 sides and bending it up but it just got all distorted and the paint broke anyway

All I have left to weld is the really hard spots to get to. Its pretty discouraging cause every time I try to they look like crap
I mocked up the hood and fenders so I could locate the radiator brace. felt wierd seeing my truck kind of put together
A car with its hood openDescription automatically generated with low confidence

A car that has been involved in a accidentDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

I finished my UCA mounts and the motor mounts finally. They look pretty stout
Driver side
A picture containing engineDescription automatically generated

Pass side
A close-up of a machineDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

I did the rear tubes coming out of the cab
A picture containing cluttered, projectorDescription automatically generated

I just want to do something simple and keep it under the bedside. its only going to go as far back as the shackle pivot
NgJMHMSDCBbQM-08VWBTDKDc73F4DkALJAgpnh1PSxfMhbLfxvewCqN_3VHyUdXaWikKpbDKfnZ0fmxwYdfT4-jMtcB_ArDK9X0MyPq2JipqNo7DXoJBmvenC_4MbWuoykh6xEus1hX3mqKIv2oAiec

This is my plan for the engine cage. its only going to attach to the a-pillars but that should be enough
0OomMEBzi_YCcs_eAMQiVWzmE8CpMgJbzM3Sl7-KMNXVRzwizR5AtV8VKbs5LjC9lIzllbdWs-wsnWCyaDrptaMvz0TVHdlYH4MrFH-DCXZ9hpcTfGr1JD22rhCyMd5bl1WmuQ14IAsVpFpitF9DB1I

I also decided to change the hole pattern of the FF hubs. I'll post up pics later this week when its done
after much feedback I decided to connect to the V-bars too. thanks for the input. I was just being lazy i guess. heres how it came out

A picture containing engine, old, dirtyDescription automatically generated

A car engine with its hood openDescription automatically generated with low confidence

0Mx4GGQa1jZqT8qR5nvhSAUvJluOCIolQ4mtHvu5KUYGsE5ADCTW4jaLaCVZzfBwfYmZ3PN6SdvLlvIH2Xkwssd2OIvoquDkE9FzqmGk1UMK_745epaglLaybDvix7pMLvZ31BkLbXpkzoUXUhjF_xc

I should have the springs mounted by tonight

I got the leaf mounts on. it cycles 18 and ill bump and strap it at 16.5-17"

NTJ5r5WODrqZ6qeEymmk5jQTlDb9Chr8ufXT81W8Y4bACAXmMKiCfoSo1AlIoWzmyNoLqxPWGerQtO4GfRulIYGvR3JV4EffAMx4Cr9Y8_XxbjZ2hOMaYzSSmMU4uvSjOgzz71SqZjf_3XrCIr67AJY

ZhSTzeEwRxxypZ9FKMoSazBh_9rnyx_3_0RHHeUFX-G-PiYIyeDzdEcA_W3zLJy-dNEFk94i8wlqqjkkxikfOSm_jJ4lKzSmaYQ3c8-jWb9-Yenda7YV0E9jixqgFzOtETrkNK079eiuuA_LBS0qSxw

yigt4o3pOaF7jX4qwTsjDwrdtW_aEY2DNb6Ptyt-g_KfOu0QantOk4aplJ2rx_laKvnS4fRf8jC2DNLbNUdmu11QklQGXtrvUt1kDIxq_boAJhddP608c8wqp63ar4LTI-ai80cVPmjYBFPx4iTW-LI

B-XJccx0R6bRIQ8YSO0Xsmbr0TTfmHUZLElBg1wghb6YYxxy29C87lHYAqCAPNxgn6ilMUq61SoUlSWBnx58gYHy1puGyjcwph72sH45gfPX99EjDXdfYOdJS3FGKTyjQfy4Uj42sh9Htuwbi_tBCYU

I also got some progress on the bedcage. I just want something simple and low profile. I still need to put in a tube going from the middle of the c-pillar to the rear diagonal and on going from the c-pillar and frame to the rear diagonal. Also got the fuel cell mounted. i am going to put an X in the support and also add some plate gussets to the corners where it goes to the frame
IvPco71I2m8xFyu_q-PpcsqYNIG2cylpvqt1-SK7rudLJ7W_AbGfAFAwrcwyfVJOq9CnIYHPkqEnVKUL86iSu7tFUN6wLFVFmeNvlZYqAPktM4bxO9JB0CKX9mxsBZ2nwiG3W8m8k_FZoPod_rprLno

-0Nqq-cmbYJCEA6PtLTDh1QWRZTDco6uOZBpVu-E3sw7BNTn9M-2n5Yh4-AKf7c-hOYHE_WP7y5LASTqwIWogAkFzD95lueA86U8WGEDyWO99m_PAlf-55npw99E0nTw2D-OAtz4ElQNXWjfPZYwaJM

ppc6FzSvIW0HTIGTBdU8CBmWhEthpAO-6lzut3j-EoHk8u3iQx9vdYPgmEouiBgb9FuPTFoLcp3-aHJj_zsRFsOYspcogWN0vt8zN7Jkx2EgCKmb-N0ARx4wAS5alcGvKSxYMkQCKSUbS_EYc6-Lhx0

WY_EMZ23irr9deSEKv7iO9l-tx5U9rgobbIMz1HVFUHCdsSDMK0PTeKQ_ULtT7s2HcptjM550wiKkNOPRyzxot6LbgP0ehpnLhYUIP7qd6DnOzL6u52yWjD5G9QxsUf5wa2zjaroQt560NaagYTnhRo

2N47Qq49d1Y9yOBzxvNVUaT1_E848UXf3kAqAraJwjE8apbRg-i8UBudMlpXrBKhgSyeuTVOGIC8kDPCbbqLeMykfQF_nf5940wJpOZdT5g_8xCX6Rgy6Cl4pT1KM0uJlHFZ_FPJgKUrZYieoMAsDII

I also got some welding done on the engine cage but i forgot to take pics

it looks like i'll still be able to use the stock dash tube. thats going to make things a whole lot easier
Thanks guys. Paints definitely the easiests to brainstorm in
a few welds from the engine cage
Close-up of a welding pieceDescription automatically generated

Close-up of a metal pipeDescription automatically generated

I bent the headrests of the rear seats so I can move them back and give more legroom. gained about 2"
A grey chair with a piece of cloth on itDescription automatically generated

A chair in a room with a large tireDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

A pair of grey car seatsDescription automatically generated

I also started welding on the cab. TIGing is badass but I'm so damn slow at it
started designing the front bumper. not sure what i want exactly for a little stinger in the front. opinions?
A close-up of a bumperDescription automatically generated

A close-up of a metal objectDescription automatically generated

I got the front end back together and the shocks mocked up. the bypass is too big and it hits the brake booster

A person working on a carDescription automatically generated

A close-up of a car engineDescription automatically generated

3 options
change the brakes, buy shorter shocks, or make a new UCA. I'm going to go with the last option. I'm going move the bypass closer to the coilover and wrap the arm around both of them. Im going to keep the front mount and move the rear one back
Close-up of a car's shock absorberDescription automatically generated

A close-up of a carDescription automatically generated

1 step forward, 2 steps back haha
i got the dash tube in. im probably just going to weld some plate in between the dash tubes

3rd member came in and also the conversion flange so i can run my stock driveshaft
A close-up of a metal gearDescription automatically generated

A metal object with holesDescription automatically generated

Jul 10, 2011

Add bookmark

BACK FROM THE DEAD!
Finally got into the shop to work on the beast. It's starting to come together. I finished machining one of the full floater hubs and got most of the way through the second but then the belt on the mill snapped. One was enough to mount a tire and check clearances. I designed the radiator mount and the rear seat mounts so I'm going to have Richer Racing cut that out tomorrow but here's what i got done

Bumped out the rear to check if it was centered in the wheel well. looks sweet with 35s
A tire on a vehicleDescription automatically generated

A car with a tire on the sideDescription automatically generated

I redid the bedcage a little. i didnt like how i did it before
A truck with a metal frameDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

A hand holding a metal objectDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

Shock clearance, its going to be tight
A close-up of a metal pipeDescription automatically generated

Close-up of a car under a tireDescription automatically generated

I'm going to have Richer set my pinion angle and mount the rear shocks since I've done it before and want to finish my truck soon. I'm going to try and mount the front shocks tomorrow so i can start designing the UCA's. Should be rolling in a few weeks!
mocked up the front shocks and got them parallel. I'm pretty happy I decided to make the new arm. I ordered heims, bungs, uniball, and chromoly tube today so I can start the arm thursday

A car engine on a standDescription automatically generated

It's still pretty damn close to my brake booster
Close-up of a car engineDescription automatically generated

back seat tabs
A hand holding a seatDescription automatically generated

Radiator mounting
A car with a radiatorDescription automatically generated

Close-up of a car radiatorDescription automatically generated

Here's my idea for the UCA Jig. I'm going to use the camburg arm to figure out the front mount and uniball position then I can set the distance between the mounts. The uniball is going to get held with some tabs coming off that square tubing. There's a slug in the uniball cup that i can through bolt. The square tubing has stops on all sides and is bolted to the base. After I do the drivers side I can rotate the square tubing 180 and weld on the passenger side uniball tabs.
A drawing of a toilet paper rollDescription automatically generated

worked almost 11 hrs today but it doesn't seem like I got that much done

I got both coilovers mounted but I still need to add plating between the sides

got the other back seat mounted
The back of a race carDescription automatically generated

Here is a few pics of the hubs. I still need to press in 2 of the studs
A metal object with a screwDescription automatically generated

A metal object on a tableDescription automatically generated

A couple of metal objects on a tableDescription automatically generated

I have the jig all cut out i just need to weld it up. the front should be done in a week

Jigga what?
A metal frame with a screwDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

Looking back, the clearance I have now isnt that much worse than what I had before
Before
A tire on a carDescription automatically generated

A close-up of a car's tireDescription automatically generated

Now
yUb2aYAdpgCXdg1Q3hytfOCJF22794UP6qF0w8Y9VstbDd5Zp_2YsnYmpBunYCkyKBGHY0Dxjv_nf2sY4rkSRKRJTBD-IA65rAidYU7z-zS-iN-39MRhSvJnnWZ0TlafhkR8bvdwx3Rdqc3BPHFOJnA

Xxxx
Started the upper arm but didnt have much time
A metal piece of equipmentDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

A metal pipe with a holeDescription automatically generated

Xxxx
I'm getting close to setting her down on her front feet.

My new UCA's are done and mounted
A close-up of a metal pipeDescription automatically generated

I got the back d-side bypass mount in. its super tight
Close-up of a metal frame with pipesDescription automatically generated

Close-up of a machine partDescription automatically generated

I need to move the lower shock mount too
Close-up of a machine partDescription automatically generated

And my coilover mounts are plated

I want to finish the bypass mount and then I can weld everything. I need to powder coat the kit and the rear axle, I'm thinking a semi-gloss black

Xxxx
Alright I have a lot of updates.
I rethought the Dside bypass mount and I'm going to relocate the MC farther forward so I dont have to make a cheesy mount
A hand holding a metal pipeDescription automatically generated

Got both shock mounts done on both sides. I just need to add some plating between the two and finish welding. I had to notch a little out of the frame cause the coil was hitting. I like where the coilover is because its as far as is it can lean forward and closer to 90 at bump then stock. I also added a spacer to limit the travel on the shock to 8.5" so I can install/uninstall it without a coil compressor. I think I might do the same to the bypasses so I dont have to drain them if I want to take them out. It's officially under its own weight in the front though

A close-up of a machineDescription automatically generated

I got the rear shocks positioned today. It's cycling 18.5". I could of got it to cycle 20 but it was making my shocks lean too far forward. I need to design the mounts next time i go in but the hard part is done. I added another tube to the bedcage to mount the shock off of

Bump

Close-up of a machine with pipes and hosesDescription automatically generated

Droop
A close-up of a car suspensionDescription automatically generated

Clearance
A close-up of a pipeDescription automatically generated

Gnarticulation
A car under the liftDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

A hand holding a pipeDescription automatically generated

Close-up of a machine's tireDescription automatically generated

The suspension should be done for Richer's Open House
A close-up of a machineDescription automatically generated

Got the rear shocks mounted (not fully welded)
A metal pipe with a holeDescription automatically generated

A metal pipe on a machineDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

Close-up of a metal pieceDescription automatically generated

And bumps stops located. I'll plate them to the frame and bedcage tube
A close-up of a car suspensionDescription automatically generated

Close-up of a machineDescription automatically generated

Close-up of a machine in a garageDescription automatically generated

The bump stops were hitting the U-bolts so I decided to do some u-bolt eliminators which I was planning on putting off. I still need to finish the backside

A close-up of a metal pieceDescription automatically generated

And did a little bit of welding
A close-up of a metal beamDescription automatically generated

Also I realized I don't have an overview of my front end. The coils definitely need to be cranked but for some reason one of the shocks leaked after i revalved and shorten it so I need to pull it back out
A close-up of a vehicleDescription automatically generated

Once I finished the u-bolt eliminator and mount the rear brakes it will be ready to put on all 4's

Xxxx
It's been 7 months but it's finally on its feet again!
A black truck with blue rimsDescription automatically generated

I finished the Ubolt eliminators and plated the bump stops on in the rear
A close-up of a tireDescription automatically generated

A metal frame with pipesDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

I also put the bypasses in and cranked the coilovers and mounted the resi's

I switched the coilover resi with the bypass because it was bigger. is there any problem with doing that?

coming up next:
A group of metal objectsDescription automatically generated

I worked a ton this weekend but it really doesn't look like it.
did the 90k haha

and welded up the shackles
Several metal parts on a tableDescription automatically generated

I cleaned up the wire but i didn't like the wrap i used so im going to replace it before i take pics

Xxxx
I cut up my old intake tube and just added a few elbows. it cant go past there because of the radiator

Wiring
Before:

A close-up of a metal objectDescription automatically generated

After:

A hand holding a toolDescription automatically generated

Thats the only place that my fuse box will fit but it will be fine there

Xxxx
info on doing a 90k

Parts deal
Toyota 3.4L/V6 Complete Timing Belt & Water Pump Kit | eBay

write-up (you should also replace your crankshaft pulley bolt ~$8 from dealer)
Toyota Maintenance: 3.4L V6 Timing Belt Replacement

I replaced my idler pulley bearing too
Idler pulley rebuild - TTORA Forum

xxxx
Finished up the shackle pivot. I had to cut the rear bumper to clear the shackles
A metal frame with a nutDescription automatically generated

Close-up of a metal frameDescription automatically generated

Started the patching up holes
A metal frame with pipesDescription automatically generated

I had to extend the bump pad on my LCA and I made the new bypass mounts. I left one of the old tabs to mount the limit strap

And the big news, got the dash in!
A dashboard of a carDescription automatically generated

A car with a broken dashboardDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

The back of a car with a metal barDescription automatically generated

figuring out the v-bar position
A person working on a carDescription automatically generated

I got pretty lucky with the roll cage dash tube. I lost the defroster but im going to be able to keep the middle and side vents

Xxxx
https://dezertrangers.com/forum_/index.php?threads/4x4-dbl-cab-tacoma-build.124138/page-9
I got a little more work done. I'm going to gone this weekend though. I finished the UCA gussets
A metal object with a screwDescription automatically generated

A close-up of a welding pieceDescription automatically generated

The front kit and shackles are prepped for powdercoat
Several metal parts on a tableDescription automatically generated

And I picked up some wilwood dynalite brakes
A black and white machineDescription automatically generated with medium confidence

The box says I have to
:)

A close up of a signDescription automatically generated

started plating in the rear
A metal frame with wiresDescription automatically generated

A close-up of a metal frameDescription automatically generated

I got a ton done this last week. The sheet metal is coming along. I wanted to give the rear passengers as much room as a could and this is what i came up with.
A metal object with holes in itDescription automatically generated

A metal pipe in a machineDescription automatically generated

A close up of a car doorDescription automatically generated

therell be room for a cetner console back there too
A seat in a carDescription automatically generated

from this
A person's legs and feet under a metal barDescription automatically generated

to this
A close-up of a person's legsDescription automatically generated

A person's legs in jeans and black shoesDescription automatically generated

Rad and AC is mounted. Im not sure if ill have room for the tranny cooler. if i do put it up there the support tubes are going to be wierd

Close-up of a metal pipeDescription automatically generated

The last tube of the engine cage (besides the radiator ones)

cool shot of the bedcage gusset

And i got the rear put together for good. hats off to Richer. these shackles are sweet. still gotta do breaks and install the locker though.
A close-up of a metal frameDescription automatically generated

A close-up of a car's rear bumperDescription automatically generated

Close-up of a car tireDescription automatically generated

And the light box just resting about where it'll be. it makes it look so much more BA. Im going to make it sit more fluch with the cab

I have to rebuild all the front shocks, get the kit from powdercoat and the front should be together by the end of the week. I'm going to keep the stock alignments for now.

step 1: Cut a hole in the box....

Should be down in the front again this weekend
Xxxx
My truck is back on all fours! Things are coming together pretty nicely. theres a small chance I might get it running by the end of the month
bump stops installed
A blue and silver pipeDescription automatically generated

Full setup
A close-up of a shock absorberDescription automatically generated

V-bars welded with a taco gusset with the first dimple die on the truck
The back of a car with a large pipe on topDescription automatically generated

Master cylinder mounted. I need to make the linkage still
A white plastic cap on a black metal frameDescription automatically generated

D-side Fender tubbed
A close up of a white objectDescription automatically generated

A close up of a metal objectDescription automatically generated

I'm trying to figure out the fuel cell now. There's a few lines I can't figure out what to do with
stock
A close-up of a wiring diagramDescription automatically generated

new
A diagram of a car engineDescription automatically generated

Xxxx
I got my hood mounted. Just going to run the stock one for now until I get more important stuff done. uses stock hinges and hood pins in front
A metal pipe with boltsDescription automatically generated

A close up of a carDescription automatically generated

A close up of a carDescription automatically generated

rearview mirror
A rear view mirror of a carDescription automatically generated

got the fuel cell more or less figured out. I'll post pics whens i finish

Back