1987 K5 Daily Driver and trail build

Got tunnel vision and didn’t get pics before I went back to work so I’m gonna drop what I have for now. I got the front differential painted up and back under the truck with new wheel end components. From there it hit the ground and did it’s first drive around the block (always a great feeling)
IMG_6465.jpeg
IMG_6547.jpeg

Then it was exhaust to make it truly streetable. Like said I’ll have to snap a bunch of final pics but here’s a teaser of the Y-Pipe I put together. I decided on a single exit 3.5” with two 2.5”s going in. Big flowmaster and it’s still pretty aggressive on the throttle…
IMG_6567.jpeg

I got the exhaust done and logged about 70 miles before flipping the keys to the owner for a couple days. So far sounds like he managed to put another couple hundred on it. Of course he sent me pics while I was at work of him playing with the forklift after installing the winch. Not too bad on flex even with the sway bar still hooked up
IMG_6185.jpeg
IMG_6184.jpeg

so far it’s pretty much trouble free. I’ve got a MAF sensor connector to change to eliminate a couple electrical gremlins. After some time on the phone with tech support from the company that built the LS harness they finally admitted to having a bad run of connectors and sent one my way. If that’s the only problem I encounter throughout this whole project I’ll be tickled shitless 🤘🏼

I envy you bud, ive been waiting a long time for my truck to even get touched

Back