08 Dodge Megafun

Endless Trails

This is my 08 Ram Megacab 6.7ctd. It is a work in progress. I fit the overlander category more than the rest but it also boogies pretty well and has been on more than its fair share of Jeep trails.
Mechanicals are 6.7ctd with a 6spd auto. Gears are 4.56 with a Power wagon E-locker front and ARB rear. Suspension is a mutt of a bunch of stuff. Synergy front springs, Carli short arms, Kore mini pack in the rear. Front shocks just got upgraded to 3.0 Thuren tuned Kings. Rear is currently back to the Fox 2.0 IFP while I work on getting the 2.5" Kings repaired. Tires are 37x12.5r17 on 17x8.5 Method Double Standards.
20220109_172852.jpg

Last edited:
That is my latest camp setup. I made the rack to lower my tent end of '21. I used to have it on top of a shell. I had to move a bunch of stuff around with the only things that stayed the same being the fridge location and the drawer slide as nothing fit the same any longer.
I need to replace the Shittybuilt compressor as this one stopped being happy in Mexico. I have decided what to replace it with. Probably another of the same as they put out decent air for the price and I can get three of them for what some of the other brands charge.

Last edited:
Look man. You can't come all up in here and post all these pics of a Dodge and NONE of them have the mirrors in the correct position. They are going to come reposes your truck. Just trying to help.
When I started the Trail_Rams page my only requirements for reposting pictures were 1) must be in dirt 2) no disco wheels or lift 3) no moose mirrors. 😁

A few of us from Point Mugu 4x4 club did some volunteer work this weekend and went behind some locked gates to make sure the trails in this section of Los Padres National Forest are clear of obstruction. We cleared close to 6 trees and had some fun in the process.
There were some deep crossings back there.
We will be doing a weekend on getting Lockwood Jeep Trail open in a few weeks as well as clearing brush for our new adopt a trail into and including Cottonwood Camp.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220409-174102_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220409-174102_Instagram.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 9
Hey Ken! Mike and Molly here.

I second this notion.
Easiest way is to become.... one of us.

Point Mugu 4x4 Club is rad, based out of Ventura area, and does a lot of off-road land advocacy.
We joined a little over a year ago. Lots of CORVA cooperation etc, etc. I'm bummed we missed this trail cleanup but we hope to get more involved. I've yet to do Miller or Lockwood but look forward to it!

Due to liability...
The only way to get to the behind closed fence trail work is to join the club. Because we have two "Adopt a Trails" in the area we get asked to do some other work for the forest service from time to time on top of getting our trails cleared for the season.

We do lots of other trail runs through out the year from mild to wild. Point Mugu has a very diverse club participation from fairly rock crawl centered to more Sunday cruise types to a few Overlanderish types. We have meetings every second Wednesday of the month at Pizza Man Dans on Victoria at 7pm (6pm for beer and pizza before it starts). Yes that is tonight... Like Mike stated the club is land use centric. We have a few members on the CORVA board and members very active with CORVA, Cal4wheel, Friends of Oceano Dunes, among others. Our sister club is Bakersfield Trail Blazers who have Miller Jeep Trail as well as some trails up in the Kern Area as their adopted trails.
I think we have a Big Bear run this summer. Our big hosted run is Fright Night in October out in Hungary Valley. Last year I think we raised 13k for CORVA. I am sure there will be some other runs that will pop up that I could send out the invite or we could just plan something here.

Due to liability...
The only way to get to the behind closed fence trail work is to join the club. Because we have two "Adopt a Trails" in the area we get asked to do some other work for the forest service from time to time on top of getting our trails cleared for the season.

We do lots of other trail runs through out the year from mild to wild. Point Mugu has a very diverse club participation from fairly rock crawl centered to more Sunday cruise types to a few Overlanderish types. We have meetings every second Wednesday of the month at Pizza Man Dans on Victoria at 7pm (6pm for beer and pizza before it starts). Yes that is tonight... Like Mike stated the club is land use centric. We have a few members on the CORVA board and members very active with CORVA, Cal4wheel, Friends of Oceano Dunes, among others. Our sister club is Bakersfield Trail Blazers who have Miller Jeep Trail as well as some trails up in the Kern Area as their adopted trails.
I think we have a Big Bear run this summer. Our big hosted run is Fright Night in October out in Hungary Valley. Last year I think we raised 13k for CORVA. I am sure there will be some other runs that will pop up that I could send out the invite or we could just plan something here.
Definitely interested in getting out there and getting involved with Trail work. Keep us posted on upcoming runs.... What does joining entail... Hula Hoop? Limbo? A grill off?

Definitely interested in getting out there and getting involved with Trail work. Keep us posted on upcoming runs.... What does joining entail... Hula Hoop? Limbo? A grill

2 meetings and 2 runs.
One of them must be an overnight. I think they added you need to be a member of a land use organization. Then you get voted in and pay your dues. You get a shirt, hat, sticker, and dash plaque with your dues.

The vehicle I regret selling the most recently is my 06 Ram 3500 Mega Cab. Had 200K miles but that ain't shit on the cummins. Should've kept it and just fixed the seats and AC but I was stupid and my now ex wife sold it to a friend.

Back