What to build...

Midget Nate

At some point (probably after the shop is done) id like to build a family friendly prelander with ac and heat. Leaning towards a 4runner buuuuuuut I have a ccsb 2005 1500 silverado sitting here with some front frame damage I paid $1000 for that is tempting as well. What would you do? lol planning on 20-30k. so I think in builders math that means 40-60k

Builders Math is tricky. Because well that can easily turn into $80k haha.

Personally I'd start with a Ford. Budget friendly and 4x4.

100% TTB the silverado. Trans swap a 4l80 with a transfer case in, and a basic link setup. Use IBPs on each corner, and you should have a very capable truck with way more room than a ranger, a bed, and more modern amenities than a Bronco

100% TTB the silverado. Trans swap a 4l80 with a transfer case in, and a basic link setup. Use IBPs on each corner, and you should have a very capable truck with way more room than a ranger, a bed, and more modern amenities than a Bronco
I gotta say your s10 build thread is what got me thinking about a TTB swap on this thing lol frames bent in the perfect spot

Yeah but I’m gunna lead him down skinny ass roads where he’s gunna hate that long bitch.

TTB the 4Runner or just do the typical TC or marlin crawler LT. Tommy’s kit would be the bees knees though. Ass end is easy as well. Tighter rig to make that bitch more dual purpose for shit out here in az

Yeah but I’m gunna lead him down skinny ass roads where he’s gunna hate that long bitch.

TTB the 4Runner or just do the typical TC or marlin crawler LT. Tommy’s kit would be the bees knees though. Ass end is easy as well. Tighter rig to make that bitch more dual purpose for shit out here in az
body damage is already there, might as well just az pinstripe the fuck outta this thing haha

A bronco would be perfect then. The turning radius on them is incredible

I'm in the same boat of trying to figure out what to build next. My main requirements are 5 seats and 4wd. After running some rock trails during Thanksgiving or seeing the caulk-master in Moab I lean towards a SAS V-8 4runner. I love a good whoop section so a 6.0 2500 crew cab with center mount 4wd arms linked on 40s with TT 'glass is a likely candidate. I briefly contemplated TTB-ing my Dmax but the weight of the motor and trans makes for a slow wheeler. Even a street legal KOH-ish 4wd tube frame IFS buggy was drafted before the lack of windows killed the buzz. Really it comes down to what you intend to do with it and prioritize accordingly. I'll probably just drag my feet until the kids can drive and keep cutting up my little Toyota pickup for the fun of it.

Back