Transmission help

So I'm going to be honest, I'm not very well versed in transmissions. I used to tinker with gear boxes but never actually split a case on one ever. Never gutted one and rebuilt. All I know is the few people tend to stear away from.

Here's what I got going on. I have a 1990 bronco 302/AOD 3:55 axle ratios. I know it was a bit of a pig but still it would slug hard. Took it out to a weekend of desert. I hit one hill and in 1st and 4lo it bogged and wouldn't climb. I came down to flat and put in neutral let off the brake and kept creepin. Thought It was weird so when I got home and went to reverse it it was like I was in neutral till I gassed it a bit then CLUNK and I got a half asked reverse.th-1078564092.jpg Called a few shops and actually took it to one that was suggested to me "remac" and they did a 300$ diagnostic to say "there's something internally wrong it'll be another 800 to just simply fix it but it'll cost 1400 for us to pull it." So naturally I took it home in searches for another solution or to atleast quote it up. Called monster trans. They didn't wanna help unless I was buying something. I called westminister trans and they had a whole load out for desert style AOD's and that was 4500$ but he did tell me when he's worked on transmissions that had these symptoms it's always been the ?forward drive clutch? I think that's the right term. Anyways fast forward to today and a friend of mine down in SD found a trans last week that came out of a 90 302/AOD 3:55 axle ratio bronco. But where it gets odd is he has the crown vic close ratio planetary gears and the 1-2 ratchet shift option but a non-lockup converter and mine stock is lock up converter. So my question is which converter should I use? Because I do play in the desert sure not like a crazy whoop eating monster but I still want to be able to highway cruise and to do truck things. Shoot that's why I kept the hitch on it. What's your guys thoughts?

Well update:
My friend and now member on here board_man_dan let me know about that trans in Chula vista and for 200$ I went n got it. The guy I bought it from showed me the invoice with contact number to the shop. So I called with the number and asked them my questions. They said it'll be fine for the road just not super long drives and can't be loaded down. We'll that started the adventure of doing this with basic tools lol. My friend Brett (he might be on here now? 4loroi) he helped me get it ready to pull. Then life got in the way and I started back on it just this last weekend. I used two floor Jack's and my father in law operating one to bring it down.

The transfer cases are different because the one on my trucks the manual borg Warner and the other is the electric so I pulled them before wrestling the trans in place for over an hour. I succeeded and it's being held in with two bolts and the crossmember. 20221010_163724.jpg20221010_163730.jpg20221010_163744.jpg

Nice dude.

I'd suggest to add the manual t-case in... just for piece of mind.
Yea man I did exactly that lol that electric one never even touched the truck haha fun little fact I didn't know if it's a BW and chain driven it's designed to run on transmission fluid since it has an internal pump off the rear driveshaft flange that continues to lubricate for cases like flat tow and such! Got a notification in my email saying my $1.50 o ring stopping me from driving it came in the mail today so I'll change that out and test the trans!

Yea man I did exactly that lol that electric one never even touched the truck haha fun little fact I didn't know if it's a BW and chain driven it's designed to run on transmission fluid since it has an internal pump off the rear driveshaft flange that continues to lubricate for cases like flat tow and such! Got a notification in my email saying my $1.50 o ring stopping me from driving it came in the mail today so I'll change that out and test the trans!
Yep. Trans and T-case share the same fluid on these old fords.

Back