Thoughts on Jamar hubs?

philofab

I'm looking into front and rear hubs for my Blazer, I need 6x6.5 for a 2.5" snout and 40 spline.

What's everyones thoughts on Jamar? My buddy has them on their prerunner and they seem well made and a great deal for the price. I'd like to be able to run the same hub front and rear and I haven't checked with Jamar but it looks plausible.

Not an apples to applies comparison, but I have them on the front of my buggy and they get the job done. Their customer support is good too, they let me come by the warehouse and swap out the kit when I ordered the wrong one. My only gripe is the o-ring in the dust cap stretches out when you take off the cap and you can't pop it back on without pinching it.

IMG_6460.JPGIMG_6459.JPG

Jamar is good.

I have Blitzkrieg front and rear...and they are great and Nate's customer service is great too!

Jamar is good.

I have Blitzkrieg front and rear...and they are great and Nate's customer service is great too!

Is Nate still there? Someone told me he sold it recently, not sure if it's true.

Cost is the major factor for me. A complete rear end and front hubs will cost me $7500+. The Jamar stuff seems more reasonable than others (except Desert Specialties) and honestly 40 spline FF is overkill for what I need but I'm set on running the Ultra wheels I have for the correct look. Truck has a 31 spline FF now and it's marginal with 37s and the power it will make.

I have 2.5" Jamar rear hubs with 40 spline drive plates they're great fitment and assembly is really nice 2 seasons on them still with the original bearings and seals. Just took them apart 2 weeks ago to paint my housing and they still look like new. when I was in the market I called Blitz, camburg and sandy cone but Jamar was the best deal by quite a lot. The ticket is to go to there shop in anahiem with cash in hand and you'll get a killer deal. I paid 2400 for hubs, weld in rear snouts, all hardware (bearings, seals, race's, bolts), drive plates, 14" coleman rotors, and rotor adapters. Very cool dudes over there.

I have 2.5" Jamar rear hubs with 40 spline drive plates they're great fitment and assembly is really nice 2 seasons on them still with the original bearings and seals. Just took them apart 2 weeks ago to paint my housing and they still look like new. when I was in the market I called Blitz, camburg and sandy cone but Jamar was the best deal by quite a lot. The ticket is to go to there shop in anahiem with cash in hand and you'll get a killer deal. I paid 2400 for hubs, weld in rear snouts, all hardware (bearings, seals, race's, bolts), drive plates, 14" coleman rotors, and rotor adapters. Very cool dudes over there.

Good to know. I'm tempted to use the SAW snouts as I like the design. Current plan is for a slip on rotor so I gotta call Jamar and see what they say on that.

Is Nate still there? Someone told me he sold it recently, not sure if it's true.

Cost is the major factor for me. A complete rear end and front hubs will cost me $7500+. The Jamar stuff seems more reasonable than others (except Desert Specialties) and honestly 40 spline FF is overkill for what I need but I'm set on running the Ultra wheels I have for the correct look. Truck has a 31 spline FF now and it's marginal with 37s and the power it will make.
Nate still does the design work, but it is owned by a new owner.

Back