Tensor Tire question

Hwinter

Hey yall first thread im posting here, Im wondering what the difference is between the soft compound vs the hard compound Tensor DS 32 inch tire, I like tires that I dont have to replace every season so im gunna guess the hard compound is better wearing than the soft, but sacrifices grip and ride quality a bit, as well as a bit of weight. Any input is appreciated!!!

Hey dude.
So lucky for you I work for Method/Tensor... Been here for 9 years now.

The Tensor Soft Compound is strictly for racing purposes and more specifically for KOH or Ultra 4 style races. Although the Hard compound is called hard it is still relatively soft. A lot of guys are getting 3k miles out of their tires. This all depends on how much you like to burn out or how much you drive on the street.

Hope that helps.

Hey dude.
So lucky for you I work for Method/Tensor... Been here for 9 years now.

The Tensor Soft Compound is strictly for racing purposes and more specifically for KOH or Ultra 4 style races. Although the Hard compound is called hard it is still relatively soft. A lot of guys are getting 3k miles out of their tires. This all depends on how much you like to burn out or how much you drive on the street.

Hope that helps.
Man you are amazing, Im definitely going to get the hard compound then! What are the differences between DSR and DS, i know tread pattern but what are the Pros and Cons looking like? I need something that can handle some wet and rock but excel in the hard sand and hard pack dirt. Im riding an 18 Wildcat XX so i have a lot of room for activities lol

I'm guessing you'll be going with a 33" tire if you are interested in either/or.

For the east coast I'd recommend the DS. The tire has a little bit more crown to it and the lugs are larger and further apart. Should work out better in mud vs the DSR.

The DSR tread was based off of a rally car design. More designed around desert racing. (Desert Series Race) is what is stands for. More grip over loose gravel.

I'm guessing you'll be going with a 33" tire if you are interested in either/or.

For the east coast I'd recommend the DS. The tire has a little bit more crown to it and the lugs are larger and further apart. Should work out better in mud vs the DSR.

The DSR tread was based off of a rally car design. More designed around desert racing. (Desert Series Race) is what is stands for. More grip over loose gravel.
Yeah ive done quite a bit of research but hearing it from an employee is much nicer, Im probably going DS since i ride in maine where there is sand whoops, sand dunes, rock faces, bit of mud, bit of water, and some tight forest trails, but i enjoy the high speed sand stuff and hard pack more than anything.

Yeah ive done quite a bit of research but hearing it from an employee is much nicer, Im probably going DS since i ride in maine where there is sand whoops, sand dunes, rock faces, bit of mud, bit of water, and some tight forest trails, but i enjoy the high speed sand stuff and hard pack more than anything.
Rad. Both are going to be great tires and good for loose but the lug design on the DS tires should be best for East Coast and the mud.

I have to say that the DSR's have been a GREAT tire for our RZR here in UT in Sand, rocks and mud other then they wear fast on the street which we drive a lot on to get to Sand Hollow or just to pick up my kid from School lol! How is the wear on the new Regulator 2's in comparison to the DSR and are they going to be available in 35"s soon?

Threat Cage .jpg

Back