Sxs tires on prerunner

Thefuntruck

I need to buy a new set of 35’s on 15’s and I’m pretty much stuck with bfg all terrians.
I’ve seen people running the tensor’s with good results. Toyo has a 35x9.5x15 that looks interesting.
What are thoughts on running these on a ranger or small prerunner.

Are you saying KO2s are the only tire you can find in that size? What width are you looking for?
Id be concerned with the load rating at low PSI. Then heating up those tires if you drive it on the highway. I have been looking at a set of UTV paddles for the rear of my 4k LB Ranger. The max load rating is right at my trucks weight. Id chance it for some cheap offroad only paddles, but not any other kind of tire.

A lot of them are bias ply tires that drive really bad on the street and the sidewall is super soft where are you got a run high pressures and the sidewall will fold over bad especially with the heavier truck.

Are you saying KO2s are the only tire you can find in that size? What width are you looking for?
Id be concerned with the load rating at low PSI. Then heating up those tires if you drive it on the highway. I have been looking at a set of UTV paddles for the rear of my 4k LB Ranger. The max load rating is right at my trucks weight. Id chance it for some cheap offroad only paddles, but not any other kind of tire.
For 35x12.5x15’s the bfg seems to be the best thing available. The Falken I have had bad experience with, toyo doesn’t make that size anymore, and the general is really heavy.
I have bfg’s and they seem ok.

A lot of them are bias ply tires that drive really bad on the street and the sidewall is super soft where are you got a run high pressures and the sidewall will fold over bad especially with the heavier truck.
This was my concern with using them on the street. I would use them too much on the street to risk it I think.

Im in a similar predicament. Looking for 35s But need 10.5s. Need to decide with 17" vs 15" wheels. I have Width Clearance restrictions currently. I wont run no tensors due to other people having problems with them on the street.
My optimal tire would be a 35x11.5r15 but they dont make them.

I know a few people that have ran the Tensor and BFG 35/10ish/15s and all have had great results in the dirt. None of them daily drove their trucks though, but they all did drive them to the trail heads. One of the only awesome things that came out of mass adoption of SXSs is the development of tall narrow tires. The Only reason I haven't run SXS tires myself is I drive snow in the winter and haven't seen any tall narrow SXS tires that claim or look to be good in the snow.

if i can get these tires off my method wheels without cutting em ill have 4 really nice 35/12.5r15 projects for sale
been to 4 tire shops, tried different tools, and even tried a 10k telehandler with no luck yet. i got one more tire shop ima try out....fingers crossed!

3900lb Toyota truck

I have run:

BFG 35x10.5R15
TRI ACE 35x10.5R15
Tensor 35x10.5R15
And
Tensor 37x10.5R15

15K miles with a 50/50 mix of dirt and highway on the way to long distance trips.

Best highway tire: BFG
Best dirt tire 37” Tensor, with 2nd place a tie between BFG and 35” tensor

I’m really hard on shit, and the tensors have been fucking legit on my fairly-fast linked toyota.

When I was searching for tires for my 1st gen Tacoma I wanted a 35x10.50x17 but could only find one.

Kenda makes the “Klever” in this size, but I couldn’t find anyone one running it. I decided to just get a 12.50 wide tire. I don’t have the space or motor to run 37’s like @Turboyota.

Kenda Klever R/T KR601 35X10.50R17 D/8PLY BSW https://a.co/d/caVUrbo

I ran into this same problem when my Goodyear MTRs aged out and they quit making them.

Really want to run KDR2's but they are ridiculously priced and the few used ones that pop up are gone in hours it seems.

@sdecurtis runs Klevers and likes them

I solved my tire dilema by going to 37s on 17s. Plenty of tires available for them

i have bfg baja t/a kr3 35/11.5/15 sxs tires on my ranger and they are great. granted i only used the, once before the ranger took a crap but i likes them.

I know tensors are supposed to be on sxs but ive seen them on a few yotas and rangers. What would be to much weight for the 35 or 37’s?
My 4runner is not a DD and id like some lightweight tires for my under powered V6
Current weight is 4250lbs

I need to buy a new set of 35’s on 15’s and I’m pretty much stuck with bfg all terrians.
I’ve seen people running the tensor’s with good results. Toyo has a 35x9.5x15 that looks interesting.
What are thoughts on running these on a ranger or small prerunner.
Which toyo comes in the 35x9.5x15? Sounds like i need some for the Bronco

Edit: I think you are referring to the toyo sxs tire now that i re-read this?

Back