Sound Deadening

You guys make 4.0" internal bypass coilover?
I do not. The spring cost will be too much.

I've been tuning up my 3.0" IBP to be very progressive to where you don't need a hydro bump. I have a 6" needle with a tight fit that has very little bleed plus I close off the last bleed hole in the piston to almost hydro lock the shock. You can push you truck very hard without bottoming out!

Attachments

• IMG_4319.JPG
    IMG_4319.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 19
I do not. The spring cost will be too much.

I've been tuning up my 3.0" IBP to be very progressive to where you don't need a hydro bump. I have a 6" needle with a tight fit that has very little bleed plus I close off the last bleed hole in the piston to almost hydro lock the shock. You can push you truck very hard without bottoming out!
Are those want Lopnow had on the front of the Fronco?

I don't like a noisy truck and I hate headsets. I run Free Bleed by-pass and good muffler. Now I have to find the little noise in the door! Haha
geoff (solid shocks) has it right. on the bypasses need to be free bleed. check his shocks out. he can custom make them with diameter, shafts size/length, and type of ends.

Are those want Lopnow had on the front of the Fronco?
Yes, Dustyn had my front shocks. I can do any compressed length and any length lower rod end.

Attachments

• IMG_9477.jpg
    IMG_9477.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 17
  • co3.jpg
    co3.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1907.JPG
    IMG_1907.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4320.JPG
    IMG_4320.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 16
I had B150 urethane bushings machined down to fit inside the bypass upper and to fit a 3/4 x.120 sleeve for the bolt.

Here is the custom tool I ground to cut the soft urethane:
ADF7FD1C-78F9-4EF7-989E-FADCBDF79C21.jpeg5F101112-88E1-42AD-B29A-2928A7744FC9.jpeg6BD0BB59-1FF0-44F5-A3CB-91A387A74AAD.jpeg

Surface finish: 9/10
Accuracy/repeatability: 3/10 (I can get the bushings more accurate by spinning them in the lathe and grinding to final diameter with my Dotco 90deg grinder)

Freezing does absolutely fucking nothing.

I didn’t mention it earlier, but the white sleeve over the steel crush sleeve is Delrin.

why the delrin inbetween the sleeve and urethane? Is that to avoid the need to grease the urethane?
I purchased the urethane from McMaster as 2” OD, 1” ID tube. The 1”x0.125”wall Delrin was a convenient way to neck down to the 3/4” steel spacer. And it’ll provide some lubricity and damping.

Back