Social media processes

Cleandezert

Would love to get a discussion going on social media and what you use to shoot videos, edit videos and overall logic on the best way to get data out there.
I do about 80% of the posts on clean-dezert IG, been dabbling in trying to do more reels, and video stuff. I can say i absolutely hate shooting anything with myself in it. But I know i enjoy watching others so i try to do a little bit here and there.
Currently using a DJI Mini 2 drone as i wanted to get some before and after shots of Hodge clean-up from the air. I used imovie to edit the stuff i have done, which is okay on my phone, but would like something i can use on my PC.

Would love to get a discussion going on social media and what you use to shoot videos, edit videos and overall logic on the best way to get data out there.
I do about 80% of the posts on clean-dezert IG, been dabbling in trying to do more reels, and video stuff. I can say i absolutely hate shooting anything with myself in it. But I know i enjoy watching others so i try to do a little bit here and there.
Currently using a DJI Mini 2 drone as i wanted to get some before and after shots of Hodge clean-up from the air. I used imovie to edit the stuff i have done, which is okay on my phone, but would like something i can use on my PC.
We need our boy @MaddChadd in here... He's our resident social media wizard.

It's a forever-moving target. What worked last year, last week... from what I've picked up from Chadd. it's all about reels and shooting vertical... (although horizontal makes way more sense) people are watching things on a phone so you need to use the 16:9 portrait. Quick-to-the-point videos. Also song selection is a factor. Then there is tags. It's a mess... it's a love/hate for me.

We somehow hit a few posts that went viral. All using remix's with help of trophy burro and whoop eaters accounts.

5M views

3M views

25M views

25 million views on a repost remix of @Snowsk8air2 truck. Was kinda cool from the aspect of cracking the code, but from a photographic/quality standpoint I think we can all agree it's hot garbage... all of it.... the song, the quaility of both truck videos.. How is that a 25M view post? Does quality not matter...What the hell is going on here!!!! AHHHHH! It's like is that the shit that's gunna get noticed thennnn I'm all set...

fuck i would like even a fraction of that traffic. lol I really have no idea what i am doing, but also understand i am a business that doesnt appeal to the masses. I feel like an old man in a young mans game.

fuck i would like even a fraction of that traffic. lol I really have no idea what i am doing, but also understand i am a business that doesnt appeal to the masses. I feel like an old man in a young mans game.

I think it's the fact that the organization is built on picking up trash, and not showcasing blinged out trucks. While I love the org and what it stands for, it's just not a trendy thing. Maybe if you built in some "ride checks," kind of how Terra Crew showcases trucks that are part of their group, that might help. That way you can show that, while the organization is centered around picking up trash, we are all offroaders at the core and that we have fun while picking up trash.

I think it's the fact that the organization is built on picking up trash, and not showcasing blinged out trucks. While I love the org and what it stands for, it's just not a trendy thing. Maybe if you built in some "ride checks," kind of how Terra Crew showcases trucks that are part of their group, that might help. That way you can show that, while the organization is centered around picking up trash, we are all offroaders at the core and that we have fun while picking up trash.
@Cleandezert I think you use your sponsor's following to your advantage here.

Post idea.....

You can do what you've been doing already so by showcasing each of the sponsors you can even repost what the photos you have already made and done the work for.

... so instead of using photo option.

Use the reel format. maybe make a little edit with some video mixed in. one change just share tags pertaining to that one sponsor not the whole list of sponsors. gotta make that post special to that one company.

Tag them as a Collaborator. (Assuming that they approved the post)

What that's going to do is go out to all of your followers andddddddddd go out to all of their followers posted by them... with you as a collaborator.

So take like Camburg. They have a healthy following...... 372k followers.

So your post would be going out to all of them and all of your 6942 followers with a single post. total potential exposure - 379,000 earthlings.

Science Bitch.

E

We need our boy @MaddChadd in here... He's our resident social media wizard.

It's a forever-moving target. What worked last year, last week... from what I've picked up from Chadd. it's all about reels and shooting vertical... (although horizontal makes way more sense) people are watching things on a phone so you need to use the 16:9 portrait. Quick-to-the-point videos. Also song selection is a factor. Then there is tags. It's a mess... it's a love/hate for me.

We somehow hit a few posts that went viral. All using remix's with help of trophy burro and whoop eaters accounts.

5M views

3M views

25M views

25 million views on a repost remix of @Snowsk8air2 truck. Was kinda cool from the aspect of cracking the code, but from a photographic/quality standpoint I think we can all agree it's hot garbage... all of it.... the song, the quaility of both truck videos.. How is that a 25M view post? Does quality not matter...What the hell is going on here!!!! AHHHHH! It's like is that the shit that's gunna get noticed thennnn I'm all set...

It was an entertaining week or so with that but I have to agree. Both trucks are stupid…… I don’t get social media lol. I think the original video of my truck was worth some likes and shares and what not but nowhere near what it got. Then this thing with the stupid song , but hey what to I know lol. If we all had a dollar for every view we would all be pretty dang happy lol

@Cleandezert I think you use your sponsor's following to your advantage here.

Post idea.....

You can do what you've been doing already so by showcasing each of the sponsors you can even repost what the photos you have already made and done the work for.

... so instead of using photo option.

Use the reel format. maybe make a little edit with some video mixed in. one change just share tags pertaining to that one sponsor not the whole list of sponsors. gotta make that post special to that one company.

Tag them as a Collaborator. (Assuming that they approved the post)

What that's going to do is go out to all of your followers andddddddddd go out to all of their followers posted by them... with you as a collaborator.

So take like Camburg. They have a healthy following...... 372k followers.

So your post would be going out to all of them and all of your 6942 followers with a single post. total potential exposure - 379,000 earthlings.

Science Bitch.

E
now that is some great info. Such a learning curve to how to make social media work for you... and its great to have friends who understand it. Thanks bud.

i have seen something odd that maybe you guys understand. i have another page which i havent posted on in more than a year (too busy with cd) but i get more followers on that page than I do CD. Seems odd to me, the only thing i could think of, its IG way to try and get me back on that page? Wish CD would pick up followers that fast without any work. lol

Currently Reel's are getting way more traction, just like on Youtube the Shorts seem to get lots of views, BUT nothing more than views. They're trying to compete with China aka Tik Tok

it's funny I will take a video of Chris Ridgeway doing Chris stuff in the van and it goes nowhere. Chris will post the same video and it will get 5m views. I don't care enough to figure it out. I hate all the trendy songs so I won't use them. I would like to figure out some editing.

I've used DaVinci resolve on a PC a few times if I'm trying to throw together or render down gopro and drone footage. Past that, the whole posting for views and likes is way over my head.

Planning on bringing the drone, gopro, and maybe a fullsize camera to the cleanup. I'll be happy to hand out anything worthwhile after.

Back