Should I strip the paint on my wheels would it look good?

95zj.Limited

The picture shown below are my wheels and I really want machined wheels but I’m a senior in high school and kinda broke lol and I’ve been thinking for a while know if it would look good if I just used some paint remover and removed the black part

Attachments

• IMG_4155.jpeg
    IMG_4155.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 21
You can try in an obscure part but most are baked enamel that resist most chemical strippers well. Even if you do find one strong enough to remove it, there is a high likelihood that the aluminum would etch and ruin the machined faces which have a decent chance of having a clear over already. You're better off using that time to mow lawns or pick up nails for a local contractor and buy a new set. Or pay to have the whole wheel sandblasted and powder coated a new color.

agreed with the above- save up some cash and get some wheels you like and sell those!

Keep an eye out on the classifieds, race dezert classifieds, offer up, facebook marketplace etc- can usually find some used ones for a good deal.

agreed with the above- save up some cash and get some wheels you like and sell those!

Keep an eye out on the classifieds, race dezert classifieds, offer up, facebook marketplace etc- can usually find some used ones for a good deal.
Okay sounds good! Seems like that’s the common consensus

Back