Retaining factory ac and heater?

Thefuntruck

Is it worth trying to keep the factory ac and heater?
The dash is coming out soon to finish the front of the cage work and I’m debating if I’m going to fight the ac and heater forever or just ditch it.
Realistically the truck won’t get driven much in summer time. Ac would be great but it’s a cluster in the engine bay and once the dash comes out, I’m not sure the factory dash will actually go back in.
What’s everyone think on trying to keep it all in an primarily offroad truck.

Thanks

I see no reason NOT too have AC and heat. If the stock unit is in the way I would put a Vintage Air etc back in.

Well, I was really hoping for, “yeah f*** the ac and rip it out”. But I am sure your correct.
The autofab mounts for the 3.0 do not work with the AC, atleast when I was looking at it last night it doesn’t look like it will. The motor mount looks Integrated into the compressor mount. I will have to add a bracket to hold the compressor on the passenger side.

my younger years i deleted all heat and ac to build a race truck... was cool for a while, now i am older i wont own a truck wtihout them.

Not having a heater isn't a option IMHO. Saw a post on IG a long time ago that showed a dude using pump hose for ducting to get around dash tubes and stuff, seemed like a great idea rather than trying to fab dash around OEM hard ducting.

Having all creature comforts is so worth the time and money. I really wish I had windshield wipers still. That's the only thing that didn't get added back in.

Not having a heater isn't a option IMHO. Saw a post on IG a long time ago that showed a dude using pump hose for ducting to get around dash tubes and stuff, seemed like a great idea rather than trying to fab dash around OEM hard ducting.

Having all creature comforts is so worth the time and money. I really wish I had windshield wipers still. That's the only thing that didn't get added back in.w
wipers just help to smear transfluid..

Well I guess I will build a bracket off these then for the ac.
I haven’t had a prerunner in a while. Was used to buggies and never had ac or heat.
I appreciate the input from everyone.

Attachments

• 55CED805-D7D8-4BAB-A056-014BE1720E6C.png
    55CED805-D7D8-4BAB-A056-014BE1720E6C.png
    318.4 KB · Views: 1
Personally don’t use my ac all that often in the dirt anyways. Chose bypasses over it lol. But I wish I had a heater; that would be nice for defrosting.

Back