noob question

88WhiteTurd

do people run a 3 link up front and still have leaf springs? idk if this is dumb but I was thinking about it and it seems like it would work but I guess with the effort you put into the front you might as well make a 4 link for the rear I thought I would throw this up here, thanks :)

With leaf springs you don’t need links unless your doing a torque link kind of thing or get some axle wrap and want to stop that

from my understanding, the leaf spring will locate the axle well enough where running links would be unnecessary/redundant

I see what you mean, I don't think I said it properly, what I mean is if you have a 3 link with a pan hard bar for your front axel do people still run leaf springs for the rear axel I cant tell If I'm making sense or if this helps, thank you for your responses.

I see what you mean, I don't think I said it properly, what I mean is if you have a 3 link with a pan hard bar for your front axel do people still run leaf springs for the rear axel I cant tell If I'm making sense or if this helps, thank you for your responses.

Yes, rock crawlers sometimes run 3 link front suspension and leaf springs in the rear

Generally we all start modifying our vehicles for our needs in accordance to what our budget allows. there is nothing wrong with mix matching links and leaf's front to rear other than a lack of performance at one end. look at the jeep xj, 05+ Ford Super duty, and 94+ Dodge and RAM trucks they all run a link front and leaf rear. its all about packaging, budget and weight carrying capacity that we are after.

Back