Motorhome Tire Inflation

sixdee9er

Hello there ladies and gentlemen,

I have class C motorhome that i have completely ruined by adding a 6" lift and 33" tires. I have dreams of using this to get me to more remote camp locations that would require me to air down all 6 tires to help in my journey.

Airing down is the easy part..... I am look for a solution to help me re-inflate all 6 tires to a roadworthy level in a reasonable amount of time.

Any suggestions on higher capacity tire inflation systems that could accomplish that feat? Is there something that i could permanently mount and hard wire to make this a quicker process?

ARB kits look nice, wondering if there are better solutions out there. I would prefer to avoid a tank if possible to save the space...

Thanks,
69'r

That doesn't sound ruined at all, I wish my motorhome had more ground clearance and higher flotation at times. Bridge clearance would be my issue.

Do you have an onboard generator? I put a small 2 gallon compressor in a compartment and plug it in whenever I need air. You could get a Morrflate hose kit to air all 6 at the same time. It may not be as fast as a CO2 tank but you could go make a sandwich and watch TV while it airs up evenly. I hope those 33s aren't on the original 16.5 wheels or you won't be safely airing down very far at all.

Oh, and pics?

Hello there ladies and gentlemen,

I have class C motorhome that i have completely ruined by adding a 6" lift and 33" tires. I have dreams of using this to get me to more remote camp locations that would require me to air down all 6 tires to help in my journey.

Airing down is the easy part..... I am look for a solution to help me re-inflate all 6 tires to a roadworthy level in a reasonable amount of time.

Any suggestions on higher capacity tire inflation systems that could accomplish that feat? Is there something that i could permanently mount and hard wire to make this a quicker process?

ARB kits look nice, wondering if there are better solutions out there. I would prefer to avoid a tank if possible to save the space...

Thanks,
69'r
My man... Completely ruined???? you bite your tongue... sounds glourious

What Maitai said... I just have a little Porter cable pancake compressor on board that I run off the generator. Could get fancy and rig up a little reel. I just use the shitty curly hose from Harbor Freight...

I have a Smitty built for the truck that works in a pinch.. but I doubt that it would get to the desired 85 psi. Not sure what the Class C tires call for

Photos of said vessel.

Elliott

I saw the dudes from (Bent Motorsports) or @HurricaneFelton on here have one of these offered on their instagram.

Basically a small hand reel hose which makes it easy to air things up around the truck.

That doesn't sound ruined at all, I wish my motorhome had more ground clearance and higher flotation at times. Bridge clearance would be my issue.

Do you have an onboard generator? I put a small 2 gallon compressor in a compartment and plug it in whenever I need air. You could get a Morrflate hose kit to air all 6 at the same time. It may not be as fast as a CO2 tank but you could go make a sandwich and watch TV while it airs up evenly. I hope those 33s aren't on the original 16.5 wheels or you won't be safely airing down very far at all.

Oh, and pics?
I would love to do all 6 at once, I'll check out morrflate.

This rig has a great floorplan, but storage is lacking. So trying to avoid the tank was the kneejerk reaction and not sure I could get one big enough to get me up to highway PSI in a reasonable timeframe.

Now you got me thinking about frame mounting a tank though.....

No pics with the 33's.... apparently I need to grab some next time im at the storage yard. Here it is pre-wheels/tires. I got vision wheels and 235/85/16 BFGs for it. Used the weldtec designs 6" lift. Gets you fox shocks, radius arms, and some new rear leafs.

MH.jpg

This is a good example of one a buttoned up.

1701734099579.png

No pics with the 33's.... apparently I need to grab some next time im at the storage yard. Here it is pre-wheels/tires. I got vision wheels and 235/85/16 BFGs for it. Used the weldtec designs 6" lift. Gets you fox shocks, radius arms, and some new rear leafs.

View attachment 17662

This is a good example of one a buttoned up.

View attachment 17663
Wonder if you could take one of these little guys mount tank underneath and the motor in a bay and plumb fittings to either side

I saw the dudes from (Bent Motorsports) or @HurricaneFelton on here have one of these offered on their instagram.

Basically a small hand reel hose which makes it easy to air things up around the truck.

ARB does make quality stuff. The hose reel we sell a ton of is actually from Apex Designs. They're bitchin' for trail applications, although I worry about the overall hose length for a motorhome application. They are only sold with 20' and 35' hose.

It’s not quite what you are asking for but still in the realm of things.. A decent sized nitrogen tank regulated to 200psi and normal ball chuck. It’ll fill. 37” tire from nothing to 30 psi in less than a minute. Nitrogen is inexpensive too, $55 at air gas fills my big tank. Plus you can run power tools or fill shocks.

If you really just want a super badass 12v compressor, check out Oasis. Get ready to drop coin, but I can see you are good at that 💩.

There is another similar giant 12v from some Australian company I forget the name.

My dad is considering a 6” weltec for his 24’ class C. How’s the ride/drive after? Better?

Sherpa is the aussy one. This and a more flate kit might be your winner.

If you really just want a super badass 12v compressor, check out Oasis. Get ready to drop coin, but I can see you are good at that 💩.

There is another similar giant 12v from some Australian company I forget the name.

My dad is considering a 6” weltec for his 24’ class C. How’s the ride/drive after? Better?
Ended up with the morrflate kit, going to give it a shot on MLK day at Glamis.

The ride with the wedltec kit is lightyears better than stock. Ground clearance is the biggest practical advantage so far. Drivability is about the same as stock. Least favorite thing about it is leveling jacks are useless without a twin-tower wood block setup underneath.

If i were to do it again I would have them install at their shop. It was a pain to get this thing aligned and I am still chasing a small driveline vibration.

Back