33's vs 35's is the performance really that much better?

Also, last but not least, even if you try some used tires I would always check your DOT date and keep that in mind as well because I've noticed a huge difference in fresh soft rubber as opposed to old hard rubber. Older tires have MUCH less give to them and you'll feel all those little bumps, holes, and cracks way more on old hard tires. So yeah there's that too.

I will say I notice a huge difference going from a load range E tire to a load range D or C. No so much age but sidewall stiffness and weight.

Go ride in a stock Ford Raptor with load range C D and E. You'll be able to tell the difference offroad and street.

I will say I notice a huge difference going from a load range E tire to a load range D or C. No so much age but sidewall stiffness and weight.

Go ride in a stock Ford Raptor with load range C D and E. You'll be able to tell the difference offroad and street.
Yup. I was bummed when BFG upgraded to a heavier sidewall on their mud tires. I liked the lighter, softer sidewall... never had an issue trashing them, but I run 32-35psi everywhere. In fact, I just aired down in San Felipe for the first time I can remember in the past couple years. It was Kritter's fault! :ROFLMAO:

I am planing 35's on my obs. But nothing really to add other than that's a sick Bronco.

A bigger tire can make it feel better but it's much better to tune the springs and shocks to get a better ride. My Bronco with 33's rides way better than my Super Duty that has 37's. I have been tuning the red tuck and it's starting to rider better, but I just do not like the loss of performance with going too big on the tires.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4884.jpg
    IMG_4884.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5265.jpg
    IMG_5265.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5972.jpg
    IMG_5972.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 9
When I went from 33s to 35s on my yota it didn’t seem tgat noticeable honestly BUT after running 35s for 10yrs then bolting 32” paddles onto the rear right after driving it with 35s I couldn’t believe how bad the suspension felt. Whoops and g-outs felt terrible compared to the 35s.
On a side note I ride in a limited travel f150 on 40s and was blown away what a 7k lbs truck with 15” of travel could do. I firmly believe the 40” tires play a major role.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll run the 33's thru the summer and see what I feel like doing before the snow flies. The cooper's I have on now run considerably smaller in size than most other brands. I'll probably grab get another set of 33's that are a little truer to size. Thanks!!!

When I went from 33s to 35s on my yota it didn’t seem tgat noticeable honestly BUT after running 35s for 10yrs then bolting 32” paddles onto the rear right after driving it with 35s I couldn’t believe how bad the suspension felt. Whoops and g-outs felt terrible compared to the 35s.
On a side note I ride in a limited travel f150 on 40s and was blown away what a 7k lbs truck with 15” of travel could do. I firmly believe the 40” tires play a major role.
When i switched from the 37 K02's to the 37 kr2's I forgot to airdown the tires after getting them mounted, at 35 psi it literally felt like I had done zero shock tuning to the truck. trails that I drove floated through before felt like I was hitting curbs the whole time now. Was really blown away just how bad tire pressure could affect the performance.

Back