Mexico

Klever

I am planning to go Pre-run the Baja 500.

Have any of you been more recently?

Do you HAVE to have a passport to enter back into the USA? (I have a stupid real ID but not a passport).

They will give you a lot of shit but you’ll get back in. I wouldn’t try it going through tecate or Mexicali east but TJ I’ve done it. Take a copy of your birth certificate.

They will give you a lot of shit but you’ll get back in. I wouldn’t try it going through tecate or Mexicali east but TJ I’ve done it. Take a copy of your birth certificate.
^^^ THIS

I asked the OPs question to one of the CBP guys when we were coming back through the mexicali east crossing (this was last year I think) and he said as long as youve got your DL and birth certificate they'd let you back in. I wouldnt be surprised if they sent you to secondary inspection though...

I’ve been to Mexico [terrestrially] a handful of times in the past few years without a passport on me… never had an issue. I just hand over my driver’s license and haven’t gotten a single question about it. That’s not to say they can’t give you a hard time, but I have not experienced it being a big deal. Flying is a totally different story.

was down at NORRA. crossed at san ysidro. lots of construction at the boarder going in. might of been rush hour commuting traffic but took me 2 hours to get in. right after you cross, they squeezer you down to 2 lanes. they are rebuilding the 1st turn off bridge over the river bed.

Back