Zj pruner

95zj.Limited

I've recently just picked up a 95 zj limited with a 5.2 and I've just never really seen anything but crawlers built with them so you guys think I could turn it into a pre runner or should I just stick to the crawling

If you have a welder, an angle grinder, and enough enthusiasm and cash you can turn it into whatever you want it to be.

But if you're looking for a bolt on "prerunner" kit you won't find it.
It would probably handle pretty well with a long arm kit, some good shocks, and 33" tires.

I did a quick google search for "zj prerunner" and actually found this article about a ZJ that raced in the Baja 1000 in 2005
Link: Baja ZJ

If you still have your 4runner, I would save up some coin and look at a Total Chaos kit. You may even be able to find a used kit on a forum or marketplace.

But most importantly, just get out in the desert and get some seat time. Don't get caught up thinking you need a built truck before you go wheel, just drive within you and your trucks limits. Hit some wash's, crawl some rocks, figure out what kind of off roading you enjoy most and then start slowly building your rig to meet your needs.

A ZJ will make a great all around desert rig, they used to have a ZJ class in the Jeep Speed series back in the day I believe. Cool part about ZJ's are that you have the V8 which is nice. Lots of plating and unibody reinforcement, long arms, 12"x2.5" shocks in front, 2.5" shocks and shocks through the floor in the rear and some 33's or 35 and you'll be set.

Thank you all!! For the replies I'm thinking of doing a all round build for it first step is definitely getting some reinforcements bc it already has decent shocks and 33's

If you have a welder, an angle grinder, and enough enthusiasm and cash you can turn it into whatever you want it to be.

But if you're looking for a bolt on "prerunner" kit you won't find it.
It would probably handle pretty well with a long arm kit, some good shocks, and 33" tires.

I did a quick google search for "zj prerunner" and actually found this article about a ZJ that raced in the Baja 1000 in 2005
Link: Baja ZJ

If you still have your 4runner, I would save up some coin and look at a Total Chaos kit. You may even be able to find a used kit on a forum or marketplace.

But most importantly, just get out in the desert and get some seat time. Don't get caught up thinking you need a built truck before you go wheel, just drive within you and your trucks limits. Hit some wash's, crawl some rocks, figure out what kind of off roading you enjoy most and then start slowly building your rig to meet your needs.
There's a total chaos kit plus some other stuff in the classifieds I believe

Back