KOH 2023

Anyone have the course map? I can't find it online and I'd like to have it for when I get out there Friday morning. I'll probably get there right around 730am and racing starts at 8am.

Anyone have the course map? I can't find it online and I'd like to have it for when I get out there Friday morning. I'll probably get there right around 730am and racing starts at 8am.
PCI radios can give you the download on your chip or the main entrance has papers maps for each event as well.

If you download the onyx app it has a free trial for 7 days and has the race course already on it

my first time at the hammers. man that was interesting... felt so far out of my realm with this rock-crawling stuff. lol Was rad to hang out with everyone, but i cut the trip a bit early. Came home sick and feeling like crap.

It's crazy how big hammertown has gotten since my last time there at 2015 or 2016 . Great time and thanks for the rides Adam and everyone else. I'll get my truck done to return the favors next year.

Sooo clapped out after the long weekend..We had a great time out there.
KOH is something else.

52686445182_f14213fa93_b.jpg

52687246474_ce05cebe5d_b.jpg

52687242009_6fdf20ddde_b.jpg

Trip/race report for 2921.

Headed out Wednesday and stayed at “the forty” got there set up camp with the crew in our corner. Took the 4 seater out Thursday to prerunner made it all of 11 miles blew a belt and the clutch housing, ended up changing the belt and duck taping the housing together and kept going. Got to RM 40 ish saw a few buddies from Herbst in chase trucks waiting and topped off on fuel there. The rest of the prerun was uneventful and super fast. Did a second lap that day with no issues. Then Friday we started out good until about RM 41 and de-beaded a front tire some how changed that and kept going.

Saturday we did our prologue in the afternoon and positioned ourself in the 18th in class and 69th overall for the limited race. Then parked the car and wiped it down and got some rest.

Sunday came around got up and felt pretty good my game plan was go out and have fun and just finish the race. Took off and had a pretty good hole shot off the start line and was doing good until we got to the lakebed and it was a dust bowl and I just crawled though it wasn’t going to lose the race in the 10 miles. Got passed by 5 or so vehicles and ended up passing them all back as they were missing wheels/hubs or rolled over. First lap lots of vehicles broken down and just kept focused. Came in to remote pit 1 because it drifted into a big bush and it was stuck in the back side of the car and had the chase team pull it out and kept going and gaining ground. Made a few more passes and came into main pit for fuel and tire check ended up having a tire that was getting low at that point and swapped it out. Then took off and didn’t see another race car still racing for 30-35 miles and it seemed like a Mexico race to go that long and not see anyone then hit the rocky sections and came up on the jeepspeeds and and some 10 cars.rest of the race was uneventful a;; the way to the finish line. Came in TT were lined up. The “finish line” people said it was an hour wait to go on stage or I came just leave so I opted out to leave as sometime during that second lap my pee tube came off and I wet myself so I didn’t want to sit in that any longer. But thank you to my few sponsors! METHOD, KARTEK, BFGOODRICH and PCI RACE RADIOS.
What are you running for GPS?

Trip/race report for 2921.

Headed out Wednesday and stayed at “the forty” got there set up camp with the crew in our corner. Took the 4 seater out Thursday to prerunner made it all of 11 miles blew a belt and the clutch housing, ended up changing the belt and duck taping the housing together and kept going. Got to RM 40 ish saw a few buddies from Herbst in chase trucks waiting and topped off on fuel there. The rest of the prerun was uneventful and super fast. Did a second lap that day with no issues. Then Friday we started out good until about RM 41 and de-beaded a front tire some how changed that and kept going.

Saturday we did our prologue in the afternoon and positioned ourself in the 18th in class and 69th overall for the limited race. Then parked the car and wiped it down and got some rest.

Sunday came around got up and felt pretty good my game plan was go out and have fun and just finish the race. Took off and had a pretty good hole shot off the start line and was doing good until we got to the lakebed and it was a dust bowl and I just crawled though it wasn’t going to lose the race in the 10 miles. Got passed by 5 or so vehicles and ended up passing them all back as they were missing wheels/hubs or rolled over. First lap lots of vehicles broken down and just kept focused. Came in to remote pit 1 because it drifted into a big bush and it was stuck in the back side of the car and had the chase team pull it out and kept going and gaining ground. Made a few more passes and came into main pit for fuel and tire check ended up having a tire that was getting low at that point and swapped it out. Then took off and didn’t see another race car still racing for 30-35 miles and it seemed like a Mexico race to go that long and not see anyone then hit the rocky sections and came up on the jeepspeeds and and some 10 cars.rest of the race was uneventful a;; the way to the finish line. Came in TT were lined up. The “finish line” people said it was an hour wait to go on stage or I came just leave so I opted out to leave as sometime during that second lap my pee tube came off and I wet myself so I didn’t want to sit in that any longer. But thank you to my few sponsors! METHOD, KARTEK, BFGOODRICH and PCI RACE RADIOS.

Awesome recap man thanks for sharing! What did you end up placing?

How was the Forty? Just drove by it. Worth it to stay in there over the normal open desert?

What are you running for GPS?
Dual lowrance’s Baja 5 and hds live7 Baja. Overkill for a golf cart! Lost in communication when dash was built I had the gps already and said use what looks good and fits and they took it as let’s fit both lol.

Attachments

• F255A3E3-5E61-4D2B-A314-611E435200C4.jpeg
    F255A3E3-5E61-4D2B-A314-611E435200C4.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 9B71FBA7-7349-4510-83EC-1CA2556DB29E.jpeg
    9B71FBA7-7349-4510-83EC-1CA2556DB29E.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Awesome recap man thanks for sharing! What did you end up placing?

How was the Forty? Just drove by it. Worth it to stay in there over the normal open desert?
9th in class out of 41, and 40th overall for morning desert race. We know the owners there. Stayed there last year after he just bought it and they invested a lot more into this year. It’s nice staying there you are up out of the bulk of the dust they have private guards you can get in and out to the highway faster and very quite at night without earplugs.

Were you taking photos for the desert race?

Last edited:
Dual lowrance’s Baja 5 and hds live7 Baja. Overkill for a golf cart! Lost in communication when dash was built I had the gps already and said use what looks good and fits and they took it as let’s fit both lol.
Nice, I need to get into something like that bad. seemed like a lot of guys run dual gps. Anything’s better than our $150 tablet with gaia app🤣 sucker completely lost the course in the prologue lol

Had a fantastic time at KOH.
Dirt miles: 69
Top speed: 80mph
Tools touched for my Turboyota: zilch
Tools touched for Whitetrashkyle’s F-150: Milwaukee impact, 5/16” nut driver, dezert Jack, super strap
WTK F-150 casualties: passenger front axle, trailready beadlock, rear toolbox, driver bedside
Beers: cold and delicious; 30~ish for entire group of 5 people. 9% rule was IN EFFECT later in the evening.
Shit lost when WTK left his toolbox open after hose clamping the flopping donkey dick passenger side front axle: my dezert Jack, spare fuel pump, spare filters, spare u-joints, chinee tool kit, straps, fire starter shit, whoknowswhatthefuckelse…4550F6F7-A6DB-4C77-A9CC-78134D6DB4AA.jpegC202C086-7D1A-4334-AAB5-F208E7C7A5D6.jpegB15DC926-4B7A-4EF3-B78A-969614DB40F9.jpeg950FD08F-6F41-4F1B-9366-753665381A36.jpegA7F15783-BA0C-4EA2-8C71-D1B8FE3A9EBF.jpegCE0677D6-B4D5-40ED-94D2-65BD0FD98BAB.jpegF130660C-90FC-42B0-A8A8-AE1DA8F96D2C.jpeg3C2763DD-0AC8-4795-A222-EBEA0D47DEFE.jpeg465DB663-8FC3-4FE6-96FE-EC054C20C9DF.jpeg97F1F15D-C584-41A4-9725-3FFA57834AD2.jpeg

Had a fantastic time at KOH.
Dirt miles: 69
Top speed: 80mph
Tools touched for my Turboyota: zilch
Tools touched for Whitetrashkyle’s F-150: Milwaukee impact, 5/16” nut driver, dezert Jack, super strap
WTK F-150 casualties: passenger front axle, trailready beadlock, rear toolbox, driver bedside
Beers: cold and delicious; 30~ish for entire group of 5 people. 9% rule was IN EFFECT later in the evening.
Shit lost when WTK left his toolbox open after hose clamping the flopping donkey dick passenger side front axle: my dezert Jack, spare fuel pump, spare filters, spare u-joints, chinee tool kit, straps, fire starter shit, whoknowswhatthefuckelse…View attachment 6079View attachment 6080View attachment 6081View attachment 6082View attachment 6083View attachment 6084View attachment 6085View attachment 6086View attachment 6087View attachment 6088
Dang man, you guys didn’t even come say hi?🤣

Back