Justa Hound Wagon

Since the last post, I have been driving the hell outta the truck. A couple of the injectors started sticking again and the fuel mileage dropped off again. I tried two cans of sea foam and then two cans of Berryman’s injector cleaner. Nothin worked. So I pulled the intake and replaced all 3 passenger side injectors with spares that I have. I made sure to clean them again before I put them in.
I also pulled the exhaust from down stream of the cat and replaced it with the same from my parts truck. I had a bunch of leaks and it rattled like hell. It started up much better and was a little bit quieter so I’m gonna call it a win!
I did find out that the radiator tanks are both leaking though, so that sucks. The passenger side has about a 5” crack.

Well since I replaced the injectors and the exhaust down stream of the cat, my fuel mileage went to shit. I’m now getting around 11mpg. I suspect that the problem is the leaking gasket at the collector where the O2 sensor is. I’m going to try to replace it tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem.

Back