JF TT Expo

juberafab

This is a build we are currently finishing up and figured I would post a build thread on it. This vehicle came to us as a stock chassis with no suspension and cab. Original plan was to back half and D44 TTB, but as we got into the details. The owner decided to go with a full build from the chassis up. We didn't have a chassis table so we designed and built one. We stared with a y frame desiged and built in house. We reworked our full size centermount and designed a mid size centermount that would have a roughly 86 inch track width.

Our goal with this build, was to build a 4 seat comfortable family friendly prerunner that was reliable with all the suspension to go fast if wanted or just cruz with the family down in Mexico. ( pictures incoming as soon as I have good service.). Lol

Starlink.... Game Changer

Also if you get Verizon I now use a box they sell that's only $50 per month. It's not as good as starlink but I'm able to live/work off of it.
We plan to get some type of internet someday. Lol my buddy has the mobile starlink and I want to see if it works at our house. We had to switch away from version cuz we had no service on our phones. Phone work decent just sometimes they don't. LOL

Wife sent me some photos, she is way more organized when it come to picture. Lol some frame table SW pictures. I believe the table is 86" by 18' so we can build a full size on it in the future. We put some hevey duty leveling pads on it as well as casters that will allow us to move it while a vehicle is on it.20200426_120353.jpg
20200425_225239.jpg20200426_121011_HDR.jpg20200524_184141.jpg20200524_192831.jpg20200524_192852.jpg20200524_201550_HDR.jpg20200530_234718.jpg20200530_203655.jpg

Dude I’m so jealous of that thing. How thick is the top? Did you bother getting the sheets ground? Any idea what the total cost was to build?
It's is nice. We have had two cars on it already and it is sure nice to open up the computer and just make fixtures. We rebuilt the whole front for a desert dynamics car on it and it really showed how bent the car got in a crash. I couldn't imagine not having it now. The top plates are 3/8 and we had them water jet cut due to the research we did said that laser is not the best for this application. Water jet keeps the material cool and is very accurate. The table is so sturdy I felt we didn't need to go thicker. On the total cost I could tell you now of days with the cost of material but I think we were a total of like 5k in materials. Just the top plate were around 2500 I think. We took our time to make sure it was flat as possible. One think I would really like to look into is getting the sheet plated to keep corrosion down( rust) it is a pain to keep WD40 all the time. We will be building a personal truck on it next year.

It's is nice. We have had two cars on it already and it is sure nice to open up the computer and just make fixtures. We rebuilt the whole front for a desert dynamics car on it and it really showed how bent the car got in a crash. I couldn't imagine not having it now. The top plates are 3/8 and we had them water jet cut due to the research we did said that laser is not the best for this application. Water jet keeps the material cool and is very accurate. The table is so sturdy I felt we didn't need to go thicker. On the total cost I could tell you now of days with the cost of material but I think we were a total of like 5k in materials. Just the top plate were around 2500 I think. We took our time to make sure it was flat as possible. One think I would really like to look into is getting the sheet plated to keep corrosion down( rust) it is a pain to keep WD40 all the time. We will be building a personal truck on it next year.

Good little trick is bees wax and boiled linseed oil

Good little trick is bees wax and boiled linseed oil
I forgot about linseed oil haven't touched that stuff since I had to replace a low boy trailer deck. I have heard of people using floor wax too. I need to do something. I will have to give this a try before we start on the next build. Thanks for the info.

Alright so we left off with building a beast of a chassis table. Let's get back on track with this build. We decided to design and build a y frame chassis. I decided to this route as I feel it creates a better platform for this type of vehicle . I prefer a sturdy base to start from. I have also see many chassis crack where the bulkhead ties into a tube chassis. 20200724_182105.jpg20200725_002020.jpg20200722_204906(1)(1).jpg

Back