Florida Poser

Heard’s4x4

Howdy,

New user here - was a lurker on DR years ago Excited to participate more here! I am a master certified ford tech, but started working in finance a few years ago.

I have a '97 Ranger that's now got a long travel D44 setup from Giant motorsports and 2.5 locked offroad coilovers and 2.0x2.0 bumps. The rear is a Deaver F31 spring kit with beltech shackles and Kartek drop hangers and Fox 2.0 factory Race resi smoothies. I have some 2.5x16 bypasses and bumps for the rear, but no time to put it together!

The truck is also ls swapped with a 4.8 that is cammed and has some other goodies. It also has a built 4l60e and a np241c t-case. Axles have 4.56 gears the rear 8.8 has a powertrax no slip locker and the front has a traclock limited slip.

Next steps are the roll cage and adding the rear bypasses. It also needs a better cooling system at some point, but it does fine unless I'm pushing it in the florida sugar sand.

I have some prerunner buddies in the south east and we get together every couple months or so, but mostly I offroad in Ocala NF and citrus WMA.

Looking forward to learning lots more on here!

Here are some pics in various stages:

Stock:
image0.jpeg

4in Scrap lift, extended Radius arms, custom bumper - bilstien 5100 and cooper 35's:
image1.jpeg

LS Swap In progress:
image2.jpeg

Giant engine cages and Completed LS Swap:
image3.jpeg

Hooning Sideways:
image6.jpeg
Hooning Up:
Ranger Down.png

Hooning Down:
Ranger Down 2.png

Hell yea! Welcome looks like a fun truck... you guys don't have too many whoop sections out there do ya ? and Ford Master Tech swapping out the Ford Motor for a LS, EH? 👌

Look forward to seeing a build thread!

Hell yea! Welcome looks like a fun truck... you guys don't have too many whoop sections out there do ya ? and Ford Master Tech swapping out the Ford Motor for a LS, EH? 👌

Look forward to seeing a build thread!
Actually a surprising amount! I'm sure not as crazy as out west. Lots of Rzr bumps out here, but we have some "big" stuff on our favorite powerline trails!

Yes - for budget, and fitment reasons the LS made sense in my case. Would love to 7.3 zilla swap it someday though!

Back