First Gen DC TT Tacoma

Moar farting around. Threw on the headers and intake to see what clears and what doesn’t. Also got measurements for spacing to order a harmonic balancer, brackets for the low mount alternator and new mounts for the power steering pump.

Gonna need to bang, and adjust some stuff obviously but gives an idea of what to keep in mind when packaging.

Side note once I get it back from Tommy, should I go with a Moruzzi special? Mullenix? Or a local shop to rebuilt the 2 engines I have already? Down the road decisions but I don’t need anything wild. Just want some decent reliable power.

IMG_2144.jpeg
IMG_2145.jpeg
IMG_2147.jpeg
IMG_2148.jpeg

Need to get the transmission in also and get it better aligned as the engine obviously has the Carolina squat.

Picked up a Ron Davis radiator today. Threw it up in the rear to see fitment. Rad and oil coolers will go in the back window/down bars depending which fits best where. Then threw the spares on to get an idea out the look. Definitely gets motivation and some vision after imagining it for years.

Only bummer the front coilovers are 3-4 months out. Hopefully beginning of January they’ll be ready. Other than that, I’ve got all the major parts for the big ticket items for the most part.

IMG_2990.jpeg
IMG_2994.jpeg
IMG_2997.jpeg
IMG_2996.jpeg
IMG_2999.jpeg

Loaded up ready to go out to Tommy on Saturday. Kind of surreal this thing is finally gonna get major progress done after a couple years. Pumped to see it come together. Still a long way to go but it could just sit under a cover and keep saying “one day”

IMG_3272.jpeg

Sucks when projects go into shop jail and don't make any progress. But that seems to be part of the game if you don't have the time, talent, or motivation to do everything yourself. Looking forward to following this thread and seeing this beast blast through the desert!

Sucks when projects go into shop jail and don't make any progress. But that seems to be part of the game if you don't have the time, talent, or motivation to do everything yourself. Looking forward to following this thread and seeing this beast blast through the desert!
Yea last shop was a buddy deal and work on it when he had time but it got pushed for different work and a race team so no hard feelings.

Back