2Ghetto The Rusty Trombone

FasterNU

Apparently, I never did a build thread for 2Ghetto on here. Maybe some day I can go find older build photos.

But most people from DR would know this pile. This was my second build, I still own it. Lots of years getting this dialed in. Now tht I finished G4, I might have some time to put into her.

in case nobody knows the truck

ZSJjgm5u_o.jpg

TtrrRMiC_o.jpg

Last edited:
Decided I had to stuff a kid seat in there to see if I can get my little one in there. Right now she still isn't feeling it "TOO LOUD" but I have got her in it before sitting on mom's lap. So, i figure once we get her in again, she will like it.

FItting this tiny seat was still tight! Tried to make base modular so I can maybe stick it in G4 too:

LubIdzAM_o.jpg

RrVlptUe_o.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno... it would be hard to let go. Especially because I know if I do sell it... the ole lady is gonna want to take that money and spend it on a roof, or she shed, or some other bullshit around the house. Ideally I would want to use the money towards an old hot rod. But, I know that's a fat chance.

wonder what it is worth? I've seen some high numbers on some trucks out there. I have like $35K in parts alone on it if I remember right.

I dunno... it would be hard to let go. Especially because I know if I do sell it... the ole lady is gonna want to take that money and spend it on a roof, or she shed, or some other bullshit around the house. Ideally I would want to use the money towards an old hot rod. But, I know that's a fat chance.

wonder what it is worth? I've seen some high numbers on some trucks out there. I have like $35K in parts alone on it if I remember right.
hahahah, when i sold my ranger and had all that cash.... I turned around to buy the black f150(black Betty) the conversation you are dreading happened... "well I thought we could take that money and blah blah" I was like woman... no way, I built and paid for this thing before we were married this is my money... That went over swimmingly.... but hey she was only mad for like a month. hahahha

And I 100% support the hot rod... if you could what would you get?

hahahah, when i sold my ranger and had all that cash.... I turned around to buy the black f150(black Betty) the conversation you are dreading happened... "well I thought we could take that money and blah blah" I was like woman... no way, I built and paid for this thing before we were married this is my money... That went over swimmingly.... but hey she was only mad for like a month. hahahha

And I 100% support the hot rod... if you could what would you get?
LMAO! Thats not how you told the story before.

You said she beat you mercilessly with a "chancla" until she had you backed into a corner and crying.

^^LOL.
I like the old trucks
I like 64 chevelle's and 67-68 camaros.
And some other random muscle cars too...

and well, the value is certainly going down for the moment. I went to check why it was towed out. And saw this! Oopsie! Threat's old beam bracket design... sheared it perfectly at the bend. I will get this fixed up and add a gusset.

gg2AGth3_o.jpg

You can see difference here on G4's bracket. I will add a similar gusset and overlay the crack too probably.

1PbuicvQ_o.jpg

Last edited:
annd. Didn't take long to get it. Did most of it during lunch today. basically took off pass side lower shock mount bolts.. and got beam out of pocket. Then used my truck ratchet straps to yank it in place.. and used dowl pin in the bolt hole and twerked it over. Then tacked it with welder on 120V.

pffweOWE_o.jpg

6rRuVBnO_o.jpg

unbolted it all.... and gonna go build the gusset once i get the toddler to bed... God damn what a dirty mess under there from all the power steering jizzing over the years. And the non shanked bolt that "will never work" from 2014 or something is still perfect, as well as the hole... all while managing to rip that bracket in half. lol

GqhdReDX_o.jpg

FIgured I would do some more work/upgrades to the backup pre-runner. After having a nice stereo in G4... I figured I need to put one in 2Ghetto now too. (And yet, all my DD have crappy factory stereo's. LOL)

I had actually been given a couple of 10" Boston Acoustic subwoofers and an old sundown amp... So gonna use that shit. FREE FITTY!

Started making the boxes:

dVfvpPwV_o.jpg

This one part was the worst... cuts were a little off so edges arent perfect. Good thing I got a sander. LOL
knLFzRWk_o.jpg

Heres my donor speakers
GfJt1ijz_o.jpg

Got about 30 mins of work done tuesday at lunch.... cut out some sheet metal in the pocket.

Boom, it fits! Gonna try to get more time on it today and get other side trimmed out and started on brackets.

qXtMYHhY_o.jpg

Back