2023 Cal City

Cool this would be our first trip out there, normally we go to Barstow main. Dose it end up with a bunch of prerunners or more sxs? Do you guys have any spots we should check out? Looks like we're thinking of camping off of 13th st . We'll have two Toyotas and possibly few dirt bikes in our group.

Cool this would be our first trip out there, normally we go to Barstow main. Dose it end up with a bunch of prerunners or more sxs? Do you guys have any spots we should check out? Looks like we're thinking of camping off of 13th st . We'll have two Toyotas and possibly few dirt bikes in our group.

You'll see more SXS and dirt bikes out there than anything else for sure. Id say less than 10 percent of the vehicles playing out there will be trucks. Be VERY vigilant. Prerun go fast lines if you can (lots of wash outs) and watch for cross traffic. lots of small camps with kids. Cal City terrain is not like Barstow, more fun and forgiving for trucks.

Do you mean 130th? I'm unfamiliar with 13th if so. If 130th, you are west of the correctional facility and closer to borax bill area, where there's even more bikes and UTVs.

For the guys on bikes or anything un-plated in your group, make sure they hit the Borax Bill Station to get their yearly Cal City pass. I think its 15 bucks.

Last edited:
Ya your right on the 130th, I missed the 0. Ok we'll look at areas to the east. Ya I knew my buddy will need to get the pass I'm trying to get my truck plated before we go but if I can't I'll get the pass too. I thought it was in town where you would have to get them.
Do you guys have kids in your group?

Ya your right on the 130th, I missed the 0. Ok we'll look at areas to the east. Ya I knew my buddy will need to get the pass I'm trying to get my truck plated before we go but if I can't I'll get the pass too. I thought it was in town where you would have to get them.
Do you guys have kids in your group?

I think there is a couple places in town where you could get passes but I couldn't tell you where they are. I like going into Borax Bill to grab a T shirt to support the area.

Both said groups will definitely have kids running around.

We'll be out there with a couple of trucks (assuming they survive Baja) and some kids first weekend on bikes. Not sure on where we are camping yet but we're only 45 minutes away in Tehachapi so we'll just figure it out the day of.

Nice man good luck in Baja. It sounds like it should be a good time. What channels everyone running on there radios? We normally run weather man or bfg

We initially start on Weatherman since I have the frequency memorized and most of my group runs the cheap unprogrammed amazon handhelds lol but if its too congested we switch to BFG RELAY.

Back