What a Trip 2023 Cal City Thanksgiving trip with the Millers, friends and fams.

WW_RANGER_X

This trip was a few months in the making. This was the first time to the desert for a few of the families attending. Getting them prepped and understanding of what it’s all about out there was my first goal. All other families knew exactly what to do. 12 families total which included 40ish people. We all started by pitching in on a cord and a half of wood. I borrowed a small trailer from a co-worker and got it stored away. Plan was to use our 4runner and have the wife tow it out, while I tow out the travel trailer with Roger.

IMG_0308.jpeg

The night before has come and I got both setups together and ready to roll.

IMG_0364.jpeg

IMG_0354.jpeg

Hit the road at 5:45am the next morning and we all pulled into Borax Bill Park at about 9:30am.

IMG_0367.jpeg

Bought our Cal City passes and pressed on to our camp site. Plan A camp was taken along with Plan B…so we settled for what we got and I’m glad we did. It was a great spot!

IMG_0377.jpeg

My brother recently bought a TRX. That truck is insane.

IMG_0386.jpeg

IMG_0390.jpeg

IMG_0391.jpeg

Got camp all set up and got the itch to go play. I went out and did about 20 miles by myself to take the edge off.

IMG_0381.jpeg

Got back to camp, dusk came, kids were playin, fire was started and everyone was already drinkin lol.

IMG_0399.jpeg

IMG_0403.jpeg

IMG_0408.jpeg

IMG_0409.jpeg

IMG_0411.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg

IMG_0418.jpeg

IMG_0420.jpeg

Went for a night ride in my buddy’s Polaris. Thing rips!

IMG_0424.jpeg

The next morning I was riding my little electric Razor dirt bike around camp and blew a front tire. Pulled it off and drove back to Borax Bill where they have a full set up for such a thing. Huge line already thanksgiving morning. Dude laughed at me because the tire I took him had a bicycle tube in it lol. Saw this bad ass car there…

IMG_0427.jpeg

IMG_0428.jpeg

To be continued…

Last edited:
Thanksgiving day came and went. Didn’t really take many pics due to just having a good time at camp.

IMG_0429.jpeg

IMG_0430.jpeg

IMG_0432.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpeg

A few more joined our group later thanksgiving day. So the next day we all planned to head to randsburg along with every other soul out there that day. Regardless of it being so packed it was a good time. I couldn’t imagine the revenue that place pulled in over the holiday..

IMG_0438.jpeg

IMG_0441.jpeg

IMG_0439.jpeg

IMG_0443.jpeg

Spotted a sweet Gen 1 sheriff cruising through

IMG_0445.jpeg

Also a Gen 3.

IMG_0446.jpeg

IMG_0452.jpeg

IMG_0453.jpeg

IMG_0457.jpeg

IMG_0461.jpeg

Got back to camp and most the families were beat. RJ (red raptor) and I still wanted to go on a little run so we blasted down one of my favorite trails which was about a 30 mile run round trip. Take Gordon a few miles and turns into some tight 2 track that ends up and this huge berm.

IMG_0468.jpeg

IMG_0470.jpeg

IMG_0502.png

Made our way back to end the night with my step dad and his good friend picking guitars around the fire.

IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0481.jpeg

IMG_0482.jpeg

IMG_0478.jpeg

IMG_0490.jpeg

IMG_0493.jpeg

Saturday came and I had to run into town for fuel so I took the scenic route.

#Crocslife

IMG_0496.jpeg

IMG_0498.jpeg

Got back to camp, made some killer breakfast sandwiches and got ready for one last run before the trip was over.

IMG_0499.jpeg

IMG_0500.jpeg

RJ’s XL80s decided to stop working so we took some time to get that figured out.

IMG_0503.jpeg

IMG_0505.jpeg

IMG_5703.jpeg

So last run was with my little fam, RJ and John boy (step side). We decided to hit cuddeback Lake bed again which is a great run from where we camped.

IMG_0507.jpeg

IMG_0511.jpeg

IMG_0512.jpeg

IMG_0513.jpeg

IMG_0514.jpeg

Heading out John calls over the radio that his truck is dead. Bad Holley Blue fuel pump. RJ pulled out his kinetic rope and I offered to flat tow John back. It was a long evening. We were about 30 miles from camp.

IMG_0516.jpeg

IMG_0517.jpeg

IMG_0518.jpeg

Lucky enough we know some great people. We had a friend drive up from Bakersfield with a brand new pump so John could get home. It was a long day but #badlinesgoodtimes

IMG_0520.jpeg

Sunday morning showed up and we all just gradually started to clean up and head home. Alec stopped by to say goodbye. He came by the night before to hang out and drink some adult sodas with us.

IMG_0523.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

IMG_1504.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0526.jpeg

Aaaaand back home for the dreaded cleaning.

IMG_0527.jpeg

Amazing trip! We are already talking about a bigger and better trip for next year. The families who hadn’t been out before are already hooked. 🍻

dude bummed we didn't meet up... my service was trash at our camp site. Glad you guys had fun!

Yeah I am too. We had a whole group rolling out to find your camp. Wally sent me coordinates and they led us to some random camp site where no one was lol. Service was shit for sure

Back