09 Tacoma - The Green Machine

That is so bitchen. I love to see we can help people build their trucks. That is a big part of doing all this, giving back is so fun and rewarding.
Hopefully I can get it installed and dialed in time for the next cleanup. Willing to bet it'll make it easier to hop around the desert picking up trash too.

Out of the truck and on to a dolly. Only took some sketchy rigging and trying to remember what I learned in my knot tying class in college
PXL_20230801_162537008.jpgIMG_20230801_092823_01.jpg

So, am I the only neanderthal that just drags these giant parts around with my bare hands and break my back? LOL

"lift the trans yourself and then drop it ... Be a man"
I'm sure once it's installed, I'll end up dragging it over a rock or something and just end up shrugging

Out of the truck and on to a dolly. Only took some sketchy rigging and trying to remember what I learned in my knot tying class in college
View attachment 12766View attachment 12767
Brooooooootato...Were you listening to Bon Jovi " Living on a prayer" at on 23 while you were tightening that C clamp!
So, am I the only neanderthal that just drags these giant parts around with my bare hands and break my back? LOL

"lift the trans yourself and then drop it ... Be a man"
I'm with you brother. hhaha

Brooooooootato...Were you listening to Bon Jovi " Living on a prayer" at on 23 while you were tightening that C clamp!

I'm with you brother. hhaha
It was a little nerve wracking. Especially since I was the only one home, so I had to hope it didn't shift on the sling as I was pulling the truck out from underneath.

On another note... Anyone know how to install an axle on leaf springs? I have beer.

pretty sure like so:
take pack apart so it is only 1x main spring, make fake block to act as spacing for springs you removed.. cycle axle up to ride height and adjust axle to desired pinion angle. Weld on spring perches in that position. Profit.

pretty sure like so:
take pack apart so it is only 1x main spring, make fake block to act as spacing for springs you removed.. cycle axle up to ride height and adjust axle to desired pinion angle. Weld on spring perches in that position. Profit.
I feel like it shouldnt be too dificult to do over a long weekend with a few buddies. Just looking at the axle, it seems like a daunting task now.

Awesome truck!
Another Socal guy who ended up in SLO... ripped the dunes... and back down to Socal! lol
Pismo was a blast back in the day. Havent been in a few years though. Makes me sad seeing all the stuff CORVA and FoOD are having to deal with just to try and keep it open.

I feel like it shouldnt be too dificult to do over a long weekend with a few buddies. Just looking at the axle, it seems like a daunting task now.

Pismo was a blast back in the day. Havent been in a few years though. Makes me sad seeing all the stuff CORVA and FoOD are having to deal with just to try and keep it open.

Agreed :( I haven't been back since late 2019 and want to make a trip before it could be too late.

Back