the little red truck that could

88WhiteTurd

Hi, so first off this is gonna be a simple truck nothing crazy, so I can throw it in the "other" section if yall would like but I'm gonna keep her stock just so I have something cool to drive while I chop up my other Toyota lol. This truck is a 1980 long-bed 4x4 pickup that my grandpa bought new in 1980. My dad got to use it to drive to high school and other life stuff. He ended up getting an 86 turbo pickup 2wd :/ a few years later, and after that the truck sadly got used as a farm truck. My grandpa not sharing the same love of Toyotas beat it up and did not take the best care and it has been sitting for the last 25/30 years. fast forwarding to now my pops and I recently drove it up from Fallbrook where she sat, we did our best to get her running. we ended up being able to drive it out of the driveway and down the street into an intersection where it promptly just died. we think it had something to do with the secondary circuit since it idled fine (I'm still new to carbs so idk) and now as of making this post I just disassembled the carb and it is soaking in carb cleaner so hopefully this fixes something. thanks for reading and I'll throw up some pictures and post whenever we fix something or make progress :)sc002e681302_2.JPEGIMG_2122.JPEGIMG_2130.JPEG

Back