The 733 mile East Mojave Heritage Trail...

Burgs

What's up

I joined the forum not too long ago and I introduced an Idea to run the East Mojave Heritage Trail (EMHT). This is a trail that just recently opened back up after being closed for 30 years. I like to tell people that this trail is the Rubicon trail for Overlanders and they don't even know it yet.... and that's for the simple fact that no one really knows about it lol

If you are unfamiliar with the EMHT it was a trail made back in the late 80's by a guy who y'all might even know. His name is Dennis Casebier the same guy that put together the Mojave Road Trail!! He made the EMHT to take pressure off of the Mojave Road but in the early 90's the Government passed a desert protection act and closed the trail. After almost 30 years of being dormant the trail was revived by Billy Creech and remapped everything to make it compliant with the BLM back in 2021.

It's broken down into 4 segments. all are 200 miles give or take... Most people tend to chip away at it by doing a segment here and there but I would like to complete it in 4 days 200 miles a day... I hear the record is 5 days.

This trail loops in and out of the MNP if you use onX off-road you can find the whole trail on the app. you'll also be crossing the 15 and the 40, so finding gas won't be difficult... as for the trail its self is much tougher than TMR. Definitely going to have engage that 4x4. Especially if we have any weather.

You can also check out a full write up with photos about it on Cal4wheel.com

https://cal4wheel.com/latest-news/in-gear-feature-stories/905-the-east-mojave-heritage-trail

I'm open to a 4-5 day weekend or even considering taking a off a whole week to really explore this trail.. So let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions

Thanks
Stefan Barycki

What's up

I joined the forum not too long ago and I introduced an Idea to run the East Mojave Heritage Trail (EMHT). This is a trail that just recently opened back up after being closed for 30 years. I like to tell people that this trail is the Rubicon trail for Overlanders and they don't even know it yet.... and that's for the simple fact that no one really knows about it lol

If you are unfamiliar with the EMHT it was a trail made back in the late 80's by a guy who y'all might even know. His name is Dennis Casebier the same guy that put together the Mojave Road Trail!! He made the EMHT to take pressure off of the Mojave Road but in the early 90's the Government passed a desert protection act and closed the trail. After almost 30 years of being dormant the trail was revived by Billy Creech and remapped everything to make it compliant with the BLM back in 2021.

It's broken down into 4 segments. all are 200 miles give or take... Most people tend to chip away at it by doing a segment here and there but I would like to complete it in 4 days 200 miles a day... I hear the record is 5 days.

This trail loops in and out of the MNP if you use onX off-road you can find the whole trail on the app. you'll also be crossing the 15 and the 40, so finding gas won't be difficult... as for the trail its self is much tougher than TMR. Definitely going to have engage that 4x4. Especially if we have any weather.

You can also check out a full write up with photos about it on Cal4wheel.com

https://cal4wheel.com/latest-news/in-gear-feature-stories/905-the-east-mojave-heritage-trail

I'm open to a 4-5 day weekend or even considering taking a off a whole week to really explore this trail.. So let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions

Thanks
Stefan Barycki
You have piqued my interest...other than that breakneck pace (I'd be open to sections). I'm doing the Mojave Trail with the family over Thanksgiving, but I was gifted EMHT books (2 sections) from my father-in-law that were given to him in the late 80s probably when Casebier "created" the EMHT. You can still buy the same books on the EMHT as you're probably aware, but if not...here ya go.

Instead of doing our yearly trip to Death Valley this year, we're doing a lot of that trail but modified a bit. Roughly about 500 miles. Nov. 13th - 18th. 7 vehicles, 9 guys. BBQing, tent camping, beer drinking, shit talking, etc.. Oh yea... and off roading. If any of you guys are going to be out there at that time, let me know.

Back