Local Legend The 4 lives of a 1997 4runner

looks dumb.
prolly is dumb.
prolly cant even make it down a fireroad.

psh. HA.

sounds like a good party haha! Love the beams idea on a 4runner, never seen that before…

Make sure you do a build thread for it, i want to see the progress
Definitely going to be different and as a Midwest guy there’s not a ton of LT 4Runners out here as it is.

In the planning process rn and I think I’ve got most of it figured out only thing is rear quarter panels, I remember watching your BTD video on terra crews YouTube Chanel and you mention you had them custom made, do you know if there’s a mold out there for them somewhere

Definitely going to be different and as a Midwest guy there’s not a ton of LT 4Runners out here as it is.

In the planning process rn and I think I’ve got most of it figured out only thing is rear quarter panels, I remember watching your BTD video on terra crews YouTube Chanel and you mention you had them custom made, do you know if there’s a mold out there for them somewhere
No mold that i know off, was a one off deal through a guy down in cabo, baja ca

Forgot to post up the rear links i built awhile back….

Attachments

• IMG_9379.png
    IMG_9379.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9378.png
    IMG_9378.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9377.png
    IMG_9377.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9376.png
    IMG_9376.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9375.png
    IMG_9375.png
    926.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9374.png
    IMG_9374.png
    878.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9373.png
    IMG_9373.png
    849.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9372.png
    IMG_9372.png
    915 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9371.png
    IMG_9371.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9370.png
    IMG_9370.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9369.png
    IMG_9369.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9368.png
    IMG_9368.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9367.png
    IMG_9367.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9366.png
    IMG_9366.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9365.png
    IMG_9365.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Have you been happy with the 3 link and panhard? How's the body roll with the sway bar?

Swaybar is amazing, disappointed i didnt have it with my last truck. Makes the truck rip around corners and breakfree of grip when needed.

The 3link is reliable and does the job. It could be better. I do want to redo the panhard mounts and try and get the link level more. Just takes some getting used to with driving it and not over correcting the steering during side to side axle walk through the travel. My last truck had the same setup so im quite used to it by now.

Took a ride in this thing at the cinders. After seeing it online for so long it’s just as rad in person. Bummed the wife didn’t get to ride along in it but didn’t want to give her any ideas. We gotta keep her 4runner mid travel sleeper. She can take the truck if she wants to go faster haha.

The 4Runner is awesome and super comfortable to ride in. I'm bummed I didn't get to finish the project that I started in my shop because I died a couple times, but it turned out better than what I would've pushed you to make it, aka the never ending overkill snow ball project. Lol

I know Hanneman Fiberglass had some somewhat recently, they aren't on their website anymore but try giving them a call.

Back