Single swing steer

Thefuntruck

Hey, new here, old to the desert. This forum seems like the old school ones where people were really into helping guys get to the desert instead of just constant trash talking because you don’t have a fully built luxury prerunner.

I’m working on a new to me truck.
‘91 ranger with camburg extended beams, rad arms, and engine cage. First beamed truck and been very happy with it so far. Came from a-arm tacos and Baja bugs and buggies. The beams work great.
My question is regarding upgrading to swing steer. I don’t plan on going equal length because it works fine for me the way it is. Is single swing steer strong enough or if your going to do it, just do dual swing sets?
Much appreciate the help.
-J

Single swing works fine with stock pivots and is easier to package.

Most of the time double swing doesn't work very well with stock pivots as the passenger beam is shorter and if you draw a line thru the pivots the intersection for the steering is too far inside the frame (very close to the stock steering box).

I ran my truck for 3 years with the same kit, stock pivots with auto fab mounts and single swing steering. If everything is built correctly it should be plenty.

The effort of going dual swing with unequal length, meh

I appreciate the input. Single sounds like the ticket for my build level. Threat has a pretty nice kit, as well as giant. I figured I would call Geoff at giant and see how complete of a kit I can get from him.
Bobby from Solo told me to call Fablab. I haven’t dealt with them before. Any opinions?
Thanks

I appreciate the input. Single sounds like the ticket for my build level. Threat has a pretty nice kit, as well as giant. I figured I would call Geoff at giant and see how complete of a kit I can get from him.
Bobby from Solo told me to call Fablab. I haven’t dealt with them before. Any opinions?
Thanks
@the_fablab_ is on here. His name is Mikey and he can get you all squared away.

Back