Rangers beam spindles referenced in terra video

Thefuntruck

Hey guys,
Saw this terra video and the guy mentioned “bd designs” chromoly spindles for rangers beams.
Anyone know anything about these? I’m tired of replacing wheel bearings twice a year….

Thanks for the help.

those beam ends are for the new style beam. End style where the ball joint is on the spindle not the beam itself. Camburg beams follow that orientation
If you have the pre 88 ranger beams that people typically cut and extend they will not work because that style has the ball joins on the beam itself.

That spindle is rad, but I have unequal length beams, you think I’m spending that kinda chedda cheese on spindles? Lol
I’m guessing f150 spindles don’t fit as a replacement?

My camburg beams/stock spindles never needed new bearings, things were solid for 4 years. Granted I was on 33s. Same with the ball joints. I had the better stock spindle tho without the brake caliper pins.

I had a pretty trick pair of Camburg spindles that used the stock snouts that I ended up passing on. I have the camburg spindles that were posted now. Interesting style, the rotor is held on by the wheel. And we had to put 1/8 spacers on them because something wasn’t right and the wheel rubbed the caliper. And then you have to deal with different lug patterns… such a snowball haha.

Its at least a 3 month wait time at Camburg for the race spindles, not very common

Appreciate the input.
I have the later gen spindles with the larger brakes.
I haven’t had an issue yet aside from wheel bearings wearing quicker than normal. I’m running 35’s so I’m sure that’s why.
I figure if there is an option to run a bigger hub or uniballs it would eliminate the weakest point on the front end.

You can find bd design on ig if you wanna contact them and get a quote. Running a d44 hub would be a solid upgrade for not too much coin. I equal beams can still work great no reason to not upgrade parts like hubs on them.

Also, I agree the ranger hubs suck. I used to have to replace them pretty much every trip out with the truck. Buttttt I had a 4 link and used to drive the living shit out of that poor thing lol

I saw your video on YouTube and I laughed when you said that you were tired of replacing wheel bearings every trip. Thought it was only me.

I have no complaints about the unequal length now that I did the swing steer. Reenforce the pivot holes for the beams and no issues. Hard to justify going equal length.

Thanks for the help.

years ago blitzkrieg made custom spindles that would take a d35 snout or a d44 snout. I ran those with 35s and the d35 snout for years and never had an issue. might be another option if you arent looking to buy all new wheels.

years ago blitzkrieg made custom spindles that would take a d35 snout or a d44 snout. I ran those with 35s and the d35 snout for years and never had an issue. might be another option if you arent looking to buy all new wheels.
You also drove slower than a parked car, so that might be why you never had any issues either...

That spindle is rad, but I have unequal length beams, you think I’m spending that kinda chedda cheese on spindles? Lol
I’m guessing f150 spindles don’t fit as a replacement?

A 94 ranger i raced with an old friend had jd equal length beams that were for 89+ cast beam ranger spindles but it had same year 2wd f150 spindles on it. No idea if they bolted on with new taper reamed into lbj and f150 alignment cam but he ran them.

Larger bearings would be nice.

I got in touch with bd designs.
Spindles are reasonably priced.
Need to find a snout setup that’s not crazy expensive. Maybe Dana 44.
The camburg setup doesn’t seem as crazy considering it includes the hub.
Any suggestions on snouts?

Cut the end of your beam off at the radius arm bolt and graft a 80-92 Bronco/F150 Dana 44 beam end on to it. That’s the cheapest way to get a strong hub run all factory junkyard stuff

Back