Noob Question for IFS trailer queens- How are you all securing your IFS cars/trucks to trailers?

Harry Johnson

Going to be helping a buddy move his IFS truck this weekend and I realized I'm making it up as a go when I do these. My only experience is hauling my Turnda once(yes, I love that old motorhome, it is a beast), and I went to a crossmember farther back on the the frame. Anyone have any tips or tricks so I don't spend the morning poking around at the bottom of his truck like a primate who just discovered tools?

1698073827645.png

1698073884716.png

bro ! how did that tow! wtf ! what motor is in that monster?

Always have secured vehicles around arms or front axle and rear axle. with axle straps

and/ or these

bro ! how did that tow! wtf ! what motor is in that monster?
Muwahaha! It's got a cummins 12v swap that's somewhere around 350 hp and 800 ft/lb tq into an allison 2200HD tranny back to a new dana 80 rear end with some big ol brakes. The only downside of that is the really loud turbo whine if you're sitting in the front two seats.

I'm not sure what springs are out back, but it doesn't even squat with a normal load hooked up:
1698078393006.png

You want to strap down the unsprung portion of the truck which on A-arms is usually the over the lower balljoint at the wheel and around the rear axle in the rear. If you strap to the chassis anywhere then the straps become loose on every bump and they risk coming off.

You want to strap down the unsprung portion of the truck which on A-arms is usually the over the lower balljoint at the wheel and around the rear axle in the rear. If you strap to the chassis anywhere then the straps become loose on every bump and they risk coming off.
Good info. That's usually how I do solid axles, but wasn't sure where to snake the strap up front. I think my tundra got strapped the way it did because it was entirely too big for that trailer.

Back