Local Legend Mai-Tai-Yota

It has the same effect but the upper joint travels in an arc instead of a line when viewed from the side. Might be advantageous to stand the chassis back up to ride height and hold it there instead of rise up into droop? Probably splitting hairs. Stock S-10s had the lowers canted in, you should be real familiar with them.

Progress is still slow so I'm picking away at ensuring components are right. Got the 13-1/4" brake rotors in and checked clearance to the wheel. Tight like a tiger and should work out. New calipers would be ideal but at $400 a piece these will do. Not sure how to use more of the rotor, not many pads are any taller.
Need to swap the unit bearing out to 5/8" lugs as these cut little guys won't cut it.
IMG_20240222_230034435_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240222_225943236_HDR.jpg

according to Wilwood...think the max rotor size on those calipers is 13.06 "?? So, close enough? lol

That's what I'm going with. I previously had 11.72 Bronco rotors and couldn't mount the caliper in far enough and didn't seem to have any issues with some pad hanging off. I chamfered them on the outside to not build up a lip and these look to engage that same region I think.

according to Wilwood...think the max rotor size on those calipers is 13.06 "?? So, close enough? lol
This has been nagging at me so I started researching what's available for 13.25 rotors and the options don't looks great. To stay near my 4.12 piston size and gain the clearance I need it looks like the Billet Narrow Superlite or the Forged Narrow Superlite. Both of these are 6 piston but one is radial stud mount. I can get an adapter to bolt to an upright like normal but is there any other drawback?

Only other option looks like going to a rotor hat and flat disk but those options don't look cheap

This has been nagging at me so I started researching what's available for 13.25 rotors and the options don't looks great. To stay near my 4.12 piston size and gain the clearance I need it looks like the Billet Narrow Superlite or the Forged Narrow Superlite. Both of these are 6 piston but one is radial stud mount. I can get an adapter to bolt to an upright like normal but is there any other drawback?

Only other option looks like going to a rotor hat and flat disk but those options don't look cheap
i did find on amazon 13" rotors that are like $100

1709180612069.png

I'm pretty sure those are the standard 54020 part number rotors, 11.71in diameter. You got me excited and digging deep though, kudos.

I’ve installed a bunch of radial mount calipers at the shop. Kinda prefer them from a race prep perspective. One truck runs a 13.5” rotor with wilwood grand National 6 piston calipers. It’s not technically right but it works without issue with a big v8 and 40” tires. Other runs a slightly different wilwood caliper (can’t remember exact name/number) designed for a bigger rotor. If memory is right it’s something like $150-200 more each caliper. Seems kind of crazy when you compare the differences.

i was researching... cuz i want to upgrade my front rotors... and I think coleman makes some 13's? (Swear i saw them on Camburg website?)

I was able to piece together a rotor hat combo using blank Wilwood hats and Coleman rotors custom cut. The price could not compete with my $45 Dodge Ram rotors so I passed on them.

Back