Long Time Lurker

gascapkevin

Never been a member of a forum before or done a build thread before, but have been a long time lurker on forums and BLGT got me hooked enough to make an account and actually post. Growing up I was an avid Car and Driver subscriber and still remember when the Raptor came out. That molten orange beast with it's front end in the air was the coolest magazine cover Car and Driver had ever had. And 14 year old me knew that one day I needed my own Raptor.

The picture that started it all for me:
217009998-3_1_0.jpg

I grew up on the east coast so the offroad scene wasn’t very exciting (just jeeps and mud trucks) so when the Raptor came out it opened up a whole new world to me and once I found out about the desert scene I was hooked. Back when Craigslist was still the king(make craigslist great again) of used car and motorcycle sales, I would select a random city in SoCal or AZ Craigslist and search “prerunner” and dream about flying out, buying a truck, and driving it all the way back to Pennsylvania. A few years after college I was given the chance to move to AZ for my job and jumped on the opportunity immediately. After my first week living in AZ I knew I needed an off-road capable truck.

October 2022
6 months after moving west, I found the one. A 2010 Supercab Raptor with the 6.2L. Funny enough I found it on Craigslist. Why was it the one? Because it was the cheapest Raptor on the internet lol. It was listed for 16k with only 264k lightly used miles. I got in contact with the guy but soon got cold feet as all my coworkers were telling me to wait for a lower mileage example. I waited a month and it was still listed on Craigslist, I knew it was calling to me, now with an even lower price of 14.5k! After some shrewd negotiations I was able to wiggle the price down a bit more and soon was on my way to PHX. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot and saw it in person for the first time I knew I needed it. I had a smile on my face the whole 3.5 hr drive home that not even 12.2 mpg could wipe off my face. I listened to Knife Talk more times than I’d care to admit on that drive home….yelling “Ain’t no regular F150 this a F#@N Raptor!”
Immediately after getting home from the drive, I took it to my coworker’s house who immediately peer pressured me into taking it off road that night. Good times. This coworker will come up again in future stories about the truck.

But anyways, sorry for the long winded intro. I’m planning on starting a little build thread in the pretenders area of the forum.

The morning after I got her, her name is Lafawnduh.
IMG_4791.jpg

And how she sits currently, 10 months later:
IMG_6496.jpg

Dude! That thing is sweet! Way to cut to the core of me with those purple wheels.... 😍

I've been contemplating picking one up for a bit now. You got a deal! most of the prices I see are $25k +...

Quite a few raptor dorks on here.

Welcome aboard !

Elliott

Dude! That thing is sweet! Way to cut to the core of me with those purple wheels.... 😍

I've been contemplating picking one up for a bit now. You got a deal! most of the prices I see are $25k +...

Quite a few raptor dorks on here.

Welcome aboard !

Elliott
Thanks! Just got them back from the powder coater last week and can't stop looking at them. Disco Purple is the color, here's a better close up for you.

IMG_6474.jpg

Back