its coming hard...again epa??

charlie brown

just read this. long read but muttle through it and be warned.
here is a quote out of this artical.

" Environmental Protection’s Bureau of Mobile Sources & Air Compliance & Enforcement is combing through Facebook Marketplace for illegally modified vehicles for sale. Agents reportedly have contacted the owners and threated them with fines, even jail time. So if you think your modified car sitting in your garage can fly under the radar, the noose is tightening and it might only be a matter of time before you’re targeted in some sting."

They have been goin around off and on for the last 5 years hitting diesel shops too. There some pretty wild cases out there floating around. One guy in New Jersey had is truck impounded and crushed after trying to sell a deleted diesel (couldnt get the parts to get it back in compliance within the 30 days). Not sure how true that was but have heard a few people make that claim recently. The other one was a couple months after the 87,000 irs agents were hired some of them were going around doing the epa diesel shop raids, and that I do know for fact.

thats is to much force. I seen a picture of the EPA in all there gear. they look like soldiers ready to fight.

the link to the article talks about them going after shops.

I hope they dont bring back the road side smog checks again. several years ago i seen a few set up in my town. also seen some un-marked white vans parked at freeway signal on ramps. they would set up quick sniffers from when you accelerate from the lights. if the sniffer does not like it, they have auto cameras snap a picture. then you get a ticket in the mail to a ref.

thats is to much force. I seen a picture of the EPA in all there gear. they look like soldiers ready to fight.

the link to the article talks about them going after shops.

I hope they dont bring back the road side smog checks again. several years ago i seen a few set up in my town. also seen some un-marked white vans parked at freeway signal on ramps. they would set up quick sniffers from when you accelerate from the lights. if the sniffer does not like it, they have auto cameras snap a picture. then you get a ticket in the mail to a ref.
i saw those years ago too. always figured i would of got a ticket, but never did.

Back