Hydro vs Rubber Bumpstops for Sprung Under F150

Sean.Linden

Currently rebuilding the back half of my 93 F150 with a Richer Racing Bronco spring under kit. Upgraded to a 9” with 4.88s and some 3.5 5tube bypasses.

IMG_1440.jpeg
IMG_1445.jpeg
Question is whether to use hydraulic or rubber bump stops. On my old setup I had 2.0x4.0 fox bumps and ran them at ~75psi but the truck definitely needed more rear weight and in larger whoops would buck pretty badly. Currently with the new back half I plan on running two 37” spares and Bronco 32 gallon tank for the hope of more rear weight. Especially coming from the stock 16 gallon tank.

But stepping up to the larger bypass is there any real benefit to running a hydraulic bumpstop? Or will I be good with the additional rebound tube and a shock shaft bump plus a rubber style bump off the axle?

With that shock, I would just run the stock rubber bumps. Hydro bumps are only for small shocks.
Hopefully the upper mounts are 1/4".
Upper mounts are 3/16” with 1/4” weld washers. The mount itself will be getting a 3/16” center rib as well.

Start with some rubber bumps! If you find you need jus that bit more of bottom out control then you can always ad some bumps later. With some proper shock tuning your setup "should" Jam pretty well without them though!

Back