Honky from the Central Valley...

Burgs

What's up everyone!

My name is Stefan Barycki. I'm addicted to Offroading and Camping. I've been using for the past 12 years and really been enjoying it profusely... From my understanding you guys can help me with this addiction haha

I live in Visalia CA and currently drive a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave. My prior wheeler was a 1994 FZJ80.

I would say my wheeling style is primarily overlanding with rock crawling on the side... Most of my dirt miles have been on the east side of the Sierras.. all up and down the 395 and heavy use in Death/Panamint Valley plus Mojave National Preserve. I also spend time up in my local trails up in the Shaver Lake area and Sequoia National Forest...

My goal of joining this forum is to put together a small group to run the the 733 mile East Mojave Heritage Trail in whole. This trip will probably take 4-5 days. I eventually wanna do a endurance run and complete it in 2 days. if you are unfamiliar with the EMHT it was a trail made back in the late 80's by a guy who y'all might know who. His name is Dennis Casebier the same guy that put together the Mojave Road Trail!! He made the EMHT to take pressure off of the Mojave Road but in the early 90's the Government passed a desert protection act and closed the trail. After almost 30 years of being dormant the trail was revived by Billy Creech and remapped everything to make it compliant with the BLM back in 2021.

So if this sounds like something you'd be into hit me up and lets get this ball rolling!

Thanks and hope to hear from y'all...

Stefan

Synergys ok. Ive installed a lot of these and seem to last longer.

Synergys ok. Ive installed a lot of these and seem to last longer.
That looks pretty good. I've heard great things about rock jock... Thanks for the recommendation!

anything else I should look out for on the Gladiator?

Glad to see you jumped on man!
Me too! I never really got into the whole forum thing but after listening to the Bad lines Podcast and how they made it sound pretty cool and inviting. I hope to connect with some of you guys. I can't seem to find anyone that's really wanting to put down some real dirt miles haha

Yo dude! Welcome ! We can definitely help you with your problem maybe make it worse! 🤡

733 mile East Mojave Heritage Trail. I'm listening...

Yo dude! Welcome ! We can definitely help you with your problem maybe make it worse! 🤡

733 mile East Mojave Heritage Trail. I'm listening...

Think of it as the Mojave Roads bigger badder brother. maybe even the "Rubicon" of overland trails. Its broken down into 4 segments. all are 200 miles give or take... Most people tend to chip away at it by doing a segment here and there but I would like to complete it in 4 days 200 miles a day... I hear the record is 5 days.

This trail loops in and out of the MNP if you use OnX off-road you can find the whole trail on the app. you'll also be crossing the 15 and the 40, so finding gas won't be difficult... as for the trail its self is much tougher than TMR. Definitely going to have engage that 4x4. Especially if we have any weather.

A 4 day weekend should work. Id even consider taking a off a whole week to really explore this trail.. like I said in a prior post I would like to do an all out Cannonball run on this trail eventually.

Would this tickle your fancy? 😂

Think of it as the Mojave Roads bigger badder brother. maybe even the "Rubicon" of overland trails. Its broken down into 4 segments. all are 200 miles give or take... Most people tend to chip away at it by doing a segment here and there but I would like to complete it in 4 days 200 miles a day... I hear the record is 5 days.

This trail loops in and out of the MNP if you use OnX off-road you can find the whole trail on the app. you'll also be crossing the 15 and the 40, so finding gas won't be difficult... as for the trail its self is much tougher than TMR. Definitely going to have engage that 4x4. Especially if we have any weather.

A 4 day weekend should work. Id even consider taking a off a whole week to really explore this trail.. like I said in a prior post I would like to do an all out Cannonball run on this trail eventually.

Would this tickle your fancy? 😂
100% sounds like a party

200 miles in a day for 4 days is going to be a suffer fest in my 4x4 in it's current state 3 inches of up travel.

I'd have to look at the route but I wonder if its doable in 2wd prerunner.

Back