Helllllloooo!

Hello from Bend, Oregon!

I'm Lucas. I just recently acquired a 1997 Expedition that I plan on using for good times. I also ride dirt bikes and mountain bikes so if you're in/passing through Bend and want to get out in the woods or desert let me know!

View attachment 3886
Thanks for joining dude!

I'm hoping to head up to bend next year. Either for work or just to check it out

Thanks for joining dude!

I'm hoping to head up to bend next year. Either for work or just to check it out

I grew up in Ventura and moved to the area in 2014. Then spent three and a half years in Anchorage and came back in July. I really love the area for access to dirt roads/trails in both woods and desert. Snow wheeling a prerunner should be fun too.

More info on it! Super cool truck
Thanks! I found an older for sale adso here's the info copied over:

• Dixon Bros long travel 4×4 suspension kit
  • All heim steering, with boxed lower and tube upper
  • Factory arm mount (can be aligned easily)
  • 2.5″ King Coilovers with King triple bypass, and Bump stop
  • Nexus Metalworx fabricated shock mounts and a simple single bar over the motor that is removable.
  • Front travel is strapped at 16″ with 4×4 fully functional.
  • Factory lower link mount but with 4130 boxed links with uniball on both ends
  • 2 fabricated heimed upper links
  • Pan hard bar that’s heimed also (for very predictable handling and reduced sway).
  • King 2.5 Coilovers and King Bump stops
  • Rear travel 18″
  • The interior Cab cage is .120 wall DOM and it’s all completely Tig welded 360* no short cuts or garage fab
    (Everything was professionally built at the shop)
  • 4 Beard Bucket seats
  • 4 – 5 point Crow harnesses.
The guy I got from put in a Ford reman 5.4 that now has about 6K miles on it. Apparently he rebuilt the rear coilovers last year but one is squeaky as hell and looks like it's leaking. It needs a bit of a prep and some cab sealing and rattle mitigation but it drives solid. The first big budget upgrade will be to get it regeared so I stop looking at superchargers on ebay.

Thanks! I found an older for sale adso here's the info copied over:

• Dixon Bros long travel 4×4 suspension kit
  • All heim steering, with boxed lower and tube upper
  • Factory arm mount (can be aligned easily)
  • 2.5″ King Coilovers with King triple bypass, and Bump stop
  • Nexus Metalworx fabricated shock mounts and a simple single bar over the motor that is removable.
  • Front travel is strapped at 16″ with 4×4 fully functional.
  • Factory lower link mount but with 4130 boxed links with uniball on both ends
  • 2 fabricated heimed upper links
  • Pan hard bar that’s heimed also (for very predictable handling and reduced sway).
  • King 2.5 Coilovers and King Bump stops
  • Rear travel 18″
  • The interior Cab cage is .120 wall DOM and it’s all completely Tig welded 360* no short cuts or garage fab
    (Everything was professionally built at the shop)
  • 4 Beard Bucket seats
  • 4 – 5 point Crow harnesses.
The guy I got from put in a Ford reman 5.4 that now has about 6K miles on it. Apparently he rebuilt the rear coilovers last year but one is squeaky as hell and looks like it's leaking. It needs a bit of a prep and some cab sealing and rattle mitigation but it drives solid. The first big budget upgrade will be to get it regeared so I stop looking at superchargers on ebay.
Did you start a build thread yet?? It's a good way to keep track of when you did stuff to the truck if your unorganized like me haha.

I like your TTB S10! I have 91 Explorer that I've been tinkering with and wanted to put some big suspension on but realized I wouldn't have the time or money to get it done so I traded my Chevelle for a more complete offroad toy. This way I can get out and use it with the family while learning/acquiring tools along the way to build other cars.

Did you start a build thread yet?? It's a good way to keep track of when you did stuff to the truck if your unorganized like me haha.
Ha, not yet but I agree. I'm very organized at work and like the idea being the same way on personal projects but end up rushing through just to get it done in the little time I have.

Ha, not yet but I agree. I'm very organized at work and like the idea being the same way on personal projects but end up rushing through just to get it done in the little time I have.
Yeah. I just like the build threads because I can look back and be like... 'oh yeah... I put those gears in 3 years ago, maybe I should check the gear oil fluid'

DUDE! that thing is rad!
Love it up there in OR... took a road trip through there a few years ago... had a pretty epic pump track on the outskirts of town... Redmond i think it was.

didn't get to ride anything. I've heard there are some great mtb trails up there .

Next time!

Dude, i am jealous. My dad lives in la Pine and i have spent a week there every summer since 1990. I am trying to figure out how to move up there, but just too damn hard to leave a good job.

Bend is my home away from home.

DUDE! that thing is rad!
Love it up there in OR... took a road trip through there a few years ago... had a pretty epic pump track on the outskirts of town... Redmond i think it was.

didn't get to ride anything. I've heard there are some great mtb trails up there .

Next time!

Nice! If you're ever up this way again I can take you on some fun trails or check out Cog Wild shuttles. Drop you off in the mountains and ride back into town for beers.

Dude, i am jealous. My dad lives in la Pine and i have spent a week there every summer since 1990. I am trying to figure out how to move up there, but just too damn hard to leave a good job.

Bend is my home away from home.
Cool! I'll bet you could show me some cool spots! I first visited the summer before I graduated college on a friend's recommendation and then was able to find a job in the area. Got pulled away to Anchorage for a few years and kept the same job but I'm glad to be back. Good jobs can be hard to come by but there are options that are a means to an end to get here.

Back