Goodwill/ thrift shops - your best finds

Oh4Tahoe

My wife loves Goodwill, and honestly the goodwill stores here in Phx area are pretty decent sometimes. Some times I tag along with her, had a good find today

Found an older Norcold Freezer Fridge 120v/12v got it for $160 , have it plugged in seems to work well! Pretty pumped it’s a 60L size

IMG_8444.jpeg

What are your good finds at Goodwill / thrift stores?

Last edited:
No pictures I can find easily but I still have a Sleeping bag, dry bag, and thermorest I picked up for $20 at a thrift store 12 years ago.

I haven't shopped at them much lately though. Amazon has gotten a hold of me just do to time.

No pictures I can find easily but I still have a Sleeping bag, dry bag, and thermorest I picked up for $20 at a thrift store 12 years ago.

I haven't shopped at them much lately though. Amazon has gotten a hold of me just do to time.
Dang! That’s killer

probably the 5 best I or my wife have found since being in Arizona are.

1) a signed Waylon Jennings/ Jessi Coulter hat. Was in with all the random hats! ($3.49)

2) a 70’s Akai reel to reel tape player that I flipped for $700 ($40)

3) a piece of western art painted on sandstone, ended up the artist is pretty well known and was able to flip it for $850 ($19.99)

4) a women’s Electra beach cruiser bike, was able to flip for $200 ($12.49)

5) my lawnboy push mower that looked like someone bought it new and ran it until it ran bad and got rid of it. I did a round of maintenance and it’s a one pull start mower ($8.95)

Last edited:
I’ve found a lot of cool shit in thrift stores. I always joke and say I’m Sponsored by Goodwill Racing because I pay for a lot of truck parts that way lol.

I’m mostly looking for old stuff, clothing mainly.

Found a 70s champion hoodie I sold for $600 that I paid $2 for.

Found a brand new pair of 70s Levi’s I sold for $500 that I paid $10 for.

1996 Wrestlemania 12 shirt I sold for $800 that I’m pretty sure I way undersold.

I have A LOT of old desert shirts and memorabilia that I buy at garage sales, estate sales, thrift stores ettc. that I’ve been meaning to post on here. I will get around to it eventually

Edit: here’s some I have on my phone

Attachments

• IMG_5247.jpeg
    IMG_5247.jpeg
    552.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5249.jpeg
    IMG_5249.jpeg
    614.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5250.jpeg
    IMG_5250.jpeg
    586.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
my mother in-law loves the goodwill. I call it the GW it sounds fancier when people ask where you got that at. I found a signed baseball glove from mike trout at one on our way home from Sedona. think it was in surprise Arizona if I remember correctly. gave it to my nephew since he is a huge fan. my mom goes to the one in havasu a lot and finds some good stuff.

Last edited:
i really feel like i need to start shopping at the GW now.... Pretty amazing you guys are able to flip stuff like that, i have no idea the worth of those things. lol

Yeah I guess I'm going to have to give it a go haha.

I know the shirt game is huge if you find the right era ones.

my mother in-law loves the goodwill. I call it the GW it sounds fancier when people ask where you got that at. I found a signed baseball glove from mike trout at one on our way home from Sedona. think it was in surprise Arizona if I remember correctly. gave it to my nephew wince he is a huge fan. my mom goes to the one in havasu a lot and finds some good stuff.
My wife calls it the “GW Boutique” haha

If we’re talking flipping, thrift stores have caught on and have started to pull stuff. I haven’t stepped in a thrift store here (cali) in over a year. It’s hard to get into, it’s extremely competitive since Covid times when everyone tried it out. You have to know what makes money, and to be able to identify that stuff quickly and then market it correctly takes a lot of time.

I prefer garage sales/swap meets etc you get to talk to all different kinds of people. I remember I showed up to a garage sale and it was a guy who was the best friend of tavo vidolsola. Had a bunch of cool shit

Back