Fuel Injected Grom swapped ATC70

John Reynaga

So here’s a crazy idea my buddy thought up and we’ve been trying to thrash together for KOH. Pretty simple idea, take a ATC 70 and just slap a Grom motor up in it. We first sourced a rolled ATC70 frame with a blown motor. Then we found a 2019 Grom motor with extremely low miles near us. The guy we bough it from did a CBR 300 swap in a Grom, and we got to score the motor pretty cheap with a stock fuel pump, full wiring harness and a few random parts. First thing was to trim and cut the rear of the frame and add some holes for the stock from motor mounts.

I slimmed down some of the stock wiring, and added a piggy back tuner to help with the aftermarket intake and exhaust since the stock Grom parts are out the window. Next thing was sourcing an inline fuel pump for FI, and I wired it into the stock fuel pump wires.

Most parts are a mix of modified Grom or 70 parts. The pegs, rear brake, and rear sprocket are all custom as well. Grom motor has the oil pump mod (thanks @gascapkevin) custom youshimura exhaust, intake and other than that it’s stock. It’s running a BD LP6 as a headlight and a BD rock light as a rear running light, Five-oh narrow 50 bars with biller upper triple trees, thrill seekers seat cover, and way more. Tomorrow it’s getting a chain tensioner, battery box, and fuel lines and it’s ready for its first test ride. We’re heading out to KOH Tuesday and are hoping to be ripping this thing all over!

Attachments

• IMG_8294.png
    IMG_8294.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8295.png
    IMG_8295.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8296.png
    IMG_8296.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8297.png
    IMG_8297.png
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8299.png
    IMG_8299.png
    1,006.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8300.png
    IMG_8300.png
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8301.png
    IMG_8301.png
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8302.png
    IMG_8302.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8303.png
    IMG_8303.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8304.png
    IMG_8304.png
    909 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8305.png
    IMG_8305.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8306.png
    IMG_8306.png
    758.5 KB · Views: 25
So here’s a crazy idea my buddy thought up and we’ve been trying to thrash together for KOH. Pretty simple idea, take a ATC 70 and just slap a Grom motor up in it. We first sourced a rolled ATC70 frame with a blown motor. Then we found a 2019 Grom motor with extremely low miles near us. The guy we bough it from did a CBR 300 swap in a Grom, and we got to score the motor pretty cheap with a stock fuel pump, full wiring harness and a few random parts. First thing was to trim and cut the rear of the frame and add some holes for the stock from motor mounts.

I slimmed down some of the stock wiring, and added a piggy back tuner to help with the aftermarket intake and exhaust since the stock Grom parts are out the window. Next thing was sourcing an inline fuel pump for FI, and I wired it into the stock fuel pump wires.

Most parts are a mix of modified Grom or 70 parts. The pegs, rear brake, and rear sprocket are all custom as well. Grom motor has the oil pump mod (thanks @gascapkevin) custom youshimura exhaust, intake and other than that it’s stock. It’s running a BD LP6 as a headlight and a BD rock light as a rear running light, Five-oh narrow 50 bars with biller upper triple trees, thrill seekers seat cover, and way more. Tomorrow it’s getting a chain tensioner, battery box, and fuel lines and it’s ready for its first test ride. We’re heading out to KOH Tuesday and are hoping to be ripping this thing all over!
did you race @Ultra3racing at KOH with this bad dog ?

Back