FNG Socal >>> Eastern Oregon transplant

Dan_D

What's up everyone, as the title says raised in SoCal relocated to Easten Oregon. Used to lurk DR and Rdc for tuning advice and wheeling and dealing trucks and parts. Saw this site was a thing now and thought I'd join up. Will keep an eye out for local meets if they pop up, the only places I know up here are Juniper dunes, Moses lake, Christmas Valley, the coastal dunes, and countless fire/ forest roads in Central oregon. Really miss the open areas like Cal City and Ocotillo Wells sometimes.

When i lived in San Diego i had a 2008 Ranger with a Dixon Bros 4x4 kit on the front and deavers and a bedcage with 2.5 x 14 2 tube fox bypasses out back. Had limited slip and 4.10s from the factory. I really loved that truck but sadly it was totalled by a drunk driver. My current ride is a 2011 raptor all stock aside from Geiser coils on low perch up front. The raptor is great but it's weak spots really show just how awesome that ranger was. My next move is to piece together the rear starting with leafs then a bedcage, hoping that will get me closer to how I want the truck to behave.

Wife and I had our first 2 weeks ago, a baby girl, seeing some of the build threads and your kids involved gives me inspiration to do the same one day.

TLDR new guy in oregon looking for advice on where to let the truck eat, raising children, and making poor financial decisions. Thanks! Dan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240831_134707_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240831_134707_Photos.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240831_135949_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240831_135949_Photos.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240831_135901_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240831_135901_Photos.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 11
welcome to the site. my daughter now 8 things my fraptor is a race truck... I am sure your daughter will love all things you do. Its fun to show them new things and let them be a part of your fun.

What's up everyone, as the title says raised in SoCal relocated to Easten Oregon. Used to lurk DR and Rdc for tuning advice and wheeling and dealing trucks and parts. Saw this site was a thing now and thought I'd join up. Will keep an eye out for local meets if they pop up, the only places I know up here are Juniper dunes, Moses lake, Christmas Valley, the coastal dunes, and countless fire/ forest roads in Central oregon. Really miss the open areas like Cal City and Ocotillo Wells sometimes.

When i lived in San Diego i had a 2008 Ranger with a Dixon Bros 4x4 kit on the front and deavers and a bedcage with 2.5 x 14 2 tube fox bypasses out back. Had limited slip and 4.10s from the factory. I really loved that truck but sadly it was totalled by a drunk driver. My current ride is a 2011 raptor all stock aside from Geiser coils on low perch up front. The raptor is great but it's weak spots really show just how awesome that ranger was. My next move is to piece together the rear starting with leafs then a bedcage, hoping that will get me closer to how I want the truck to behave.

Wife and I had our first 2 weeks ago, a baby girl, seeing some of the build threads and your kids involved gives me inspiration to do the same one day.

TLDR new guy in oregon looking for advice on where to let the truck eat, raising children, and making poor financial decisions. Thanks! Dan
right on dude welcome! Where in Eastern Oregon you at? The @Backcountry4WD guys are out in Boise, ID Area which might not be too far from ya depending on how far east you are.

A waptuh twin! Everyone else on here has white waptuhs and I was feeling left out. Welcome dude!

Honestly, leafs alone are really gonna help the rear out. I was originally planning on doing a bedcage with 16" or 18" shocks but after rebuilding the stock shocks and getting an Icon leaf pack I'm really happy with the rear end, and I didn't lose bed space so I can still do truck stuff.

@WW_RANGER_X you've upgraded to stock length 3.0s in the rear... are you happy with your rear end or do you want to go bigger?

A waptuh twin! Everyone else on here has white waptuhs and I was feeling left out. Welcome dude!

Honestly, leafs alone are really gonna help the rear out. I was originally planning on doing a bedcage with 16" or 18" shocks but after rebuilding the stock shocks and getting an Icon leaf pack I'm really happy with the rear end, and I didn't lose bed space so I can still do truck stuff.

@WW_RANGER_X you've upgraded to stock length 3.0s in the rear... are you happy with your rear end or do you want to go bigger?
Hey, thanks! The black truck struggle is real.

I've been on the fence about buying icons instead of deavers. If I can get similar travel and ride from them and shipped to my door for free they seem hard to beat. Glad to hear positive feedback about them.

Yeah they work great. I think I got them on Stage3 motorsports website on sale for like a thousand bucks!

Irrigon, about 3.5 hours from Boise. Not too far at all! We're going to check out the Owyhee area pretty soon.
Right on, yea that's not bad at all. Cool dudes, you should try to link up with them as some point.. My in-laws are up there in Boise area also, we usually make it up a few times a year. Next summer I think I'm gunna drag the prerunner up there.

After spending a lot of money on the rear of the raptor i feel it still rides and performs like shit honestly. I have the RXT Icon leaf packs (no overloads) with BMS drop shackles and Fox direct replacement 3.0 bypasses. I definitely plan to do shocks through the bed and replace the icon's with Deavers at some point. Probably go with the the +3s.

After spending a lot of money on the rear of the raptor i feel it still rides and performs like shit honestly. I have the RXT Icon leaf packs (no overloads) with BMS drop shackles and Fox direct replacement 3.0 bypasses. I definitely plan to do shocks through the bed and replace the icon's with Deavers at some point. Probably go with the the +3s.
Take my pos for a drive if you want to test out spring under.

Back