DIY heim tie rod

Entitledworld

Hey guys new to the forum. Hoping I can gain some insight or even tips on making my own heim tie rods. Any go to kits? Go to heims? Or even just pics of your work would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_0929.jpeg
    IMG_0929.jpeg
    508.6 KB · Views: 27
Grab a tube and 4 weld-in bungs for the size heims you want to use. Cut down to size, weld bungs inside tube and tadaaa you have a tie rod!

You’ll need to get a billet clevis to bolt to your steering rack to accept a heim though. from either dirt king or camburg. I think those are limited to a 7/8 heim
Then from there you can put whatever size you want on the spindle side.

Go to heim is always the FK JMX series.

Make sure to match the pivot height on the outboard heim if you're replacing the balljoint. The misalignment height will affect your bumpsteer. Although being factory spindles you may end up improving it, lol.

Grab a tube and 4 weld-in bungs for the size heims you want to use. Cut down to size, weld bungs inside tube and tadaaa you have a tie rod!

You’ll need to get a billet clevis to bolt to your steering rack to accept a heim though. from either dirt king or camburg. I think those are limited to a 7/8 heim
Then from there you can put whatever size you want on the spindle side.

Go to heim is always the FK JMX series.
As far as weld bung. Do I need a LH thread & RH thread on each side so I am able to adjust toe accordingly?

I don’t like using LH and RH cuz they could theoretically come apart if they were to come loose.im sure tons of people will argue why im an idiot for thinkin that but 🤷🏻‍♂️
I always stick to right hand both ends. You can still adjust you just gotta take one bolt out to do so.

I don’t like using LH and RH cuz they could theoretically come apart if they were to come loose.im sure tons of people will argue why im an idiot for thinkin that but 🤷🏻‍♂️
I always stick to right hand both ends. You can still adjust you just gotta take one bolt out to do so.
Then you only need to carry 1 spare!!

Back