Curt Leduc Swap Meet 2023

I'm hoping for a good turnout this year but rain before during and after will probably lessen the crowd or buyers

I’m out. Sounds like the Grapevine will be closed and I can’t justify the cost to go around and down 101.

Yeah loading up any junk I have in the rain, unloading it in the rain, loading it back up in the rain... Sounds fun haha.

Luckily I've sold through most of my junk and currently don't have the cash laying around to buy anything fun or cool if I did go.

Didn't sell great much less than usual. Rain started around 4 on sat and made it miserable so loaded up and left. Didn't see anything good when walking and shopping and everything I would be interested in they were asking too much close to my shop prices.

Didn't sell great much less than usual. Rain started around 4 on sat and made it miserable so loaded up and left. Didn't see anything good when walking and shopping and everything I would be interested in they were asking too much close to my shop prices.
and thats why i have only gone 2 times in the last 10+ years. everyone thinks there used beat up shit thats broken or half broken is gold. the new stuff people bring is good but if i need it, i will call and get it.

Yeah and opening up camping Friday night meant all the good shopping was done then and Saturday morning. I arrived around 1pm so lots of shoppers already left. I'll go again next year but will get there asap and camp the night before to sell stuff as long as I can to everyone who wants stuff.

back in the day when this was held at the rialto air port, he had more control and it was great for "real" buyers. made for larger crowds so more money was to be made overall. and it was cool to go to the swap meet in the morning then maybe hit a few laps at the ROR track. but sellers figured out about the pre sales options. it kinda worked for them when they would buy, sell before opening. then marking up the same items for the regular joe. the regularly joe over the years have been dropping off.

some of the stuff being sold is crap trash that will never work again but some people get in the buying "frenzy" and just drop cash.

the other factor that has carried the swapmeet for many years is it has kinda turned it to a outside of a race event social event. and ad all the people coming from farther away and or from baja just buying to buy.

to really make it great again curt will need to try and stop the pre sales. change the time of year for better weather and or allow fire pits.
make sure shops and retailers are selling at a discounted price from retail. its a swap meet, not a store. cant do much about the broken unusable crap being sold. buyer needs to be more informed. all the buyers remorse and junk shit go on all the classifieds the next week or so. kevin at KDM has said he gets alot of work after the swap meets with crap beat the F shocks that he caint even get parts for any more. and the guy that sold them knows this.

As Mr Charlie Brown stated... I mostly go there for the social side of it.

I would disagree with pricing. There are always deals to be made but it's a swap meet and you'll need to work for it. Basically the best way to get a good deal is to find someone who is trying to pack up haha.

I have a nice big craftsman tool box I picked up last min for $400. Probably the best purchase I've made there. And then I usually sell things for stupid cheap because I'm there to unload my junk vs deal with phone calls when trying to sell anything on the classifieds section.

Social spect is where it’s at. One huge part IMO, for us farther away from the local market, is buying large items that cost an arm and a leg to ship. If I can find wheels, tires, housings, shocks all in one trip at a discounted price, it’s a good day.

I havent gone in the last few years, but i remember the excitement of big shops unloading semis worth of parts for killer deals. Last few times i went, i didnt see that anymore. I do miss shooting the shit with friends there though.

Yeah I haven't seen any big race teams unloading an enclosed trailer with all the random parts since it moved from morongo which I think was in 2015

ORW in corona i think is having a big over stock parking lot sale this week end. curt should be hitting up these shops and others to come out for the offroad swap meet. offer them some "benefits" to come out.

if i remember right, it all started when TT racing started. all these teams were experimenting with different ways and everything was one off hand made. they were getting big money" compared to the old budget". they had to unload a pile of parts stock, mod, hand made race parts. so curt put this together.

the socia aspect is great. i will go more but with low expectations and if i randomly score something then thats a bonus.
an all nighter in the summer would be fun.

Yeah seems like the big TT teams are basically running the new trucks and not experimenting like they used to so less old parts for us to scoop up. Luckily I have a bunch of 3.75" springs I bought years ago so I'm hoping to not have to buy too many when tuning the truck.

ORW in corona i think is having a big over stock parking lot sale this week end. curt should be hitting up these shops and others to come out for the offroad swap meet. offer them some "benefits" to come out.

if i remember right, it all started when TT racing started. all these teams were experimenting with different ways and everything was one off hand made. they were getting big money" compared to the old budget". they had to unload a pile of parts stock, mod, hand made race parts. so curt put this together.

the socia aspect is great. i will go more but with low expectations and if i randomly score something then thats a bonus.
an all nighter in the summer would be fun.
that makes total sense. all new trucks seem to be made by the same manufaturers gieser, brenthal, herbst and mason... And they just replicate the same truck a million times so less supplies to unload unless they close down a race team.

Yeah and when stopping racing they usually sell everything with truck, spares and all.

Back