ISO Chenowth, Hi Jumper, or Mazzone car

In Search of...

gtrainor21

Looking for and older VW powered car for the old man to play with while we get his Manx built in the coming year or two. He doesn't mind a bit of a fixer-upper since he has a grip of VW parts laying around, but the more complete the better. Ideally he wants to stick with an original uncut Hi Jumper, Chenowth, or Mazzone chassis... any leads are appreciated! I'm in AZ but don't mind travelling to SoCal for the right car

Looking for and older VW powered car for the old man to play with while we get his Manx built in the coming year or two. He doesn't mind a bit of a fixer-upper since he has a grip of VW parts laying around, but the more complete the better. Ideally he wants to stick with an original uncut Hi Jumper, Chenowth, or Mazzone chassis... any leads are appreciated! I'm in AZ but don't mind travelling to SoCal for the right car

sweet baja bug

sweet baja bug
I tried talking him into a Bug at the beginning and he said no lol. I dig that thing though! looks like it was set up well

I have a guy coming this weekend to pick it up, I think.
Only thing I will say about the bug is its street legal.
Trailering the buggy made it a much bigger production going to the desert.
For the money, a Chenowth 4lwd is a great play car. If you want 4 seats, then look for a Chenowth explorer or sv16.
If you are going to race, or really beat the car up on hard stuff like Barstow or Johnson valley, you'll have to do some work to strengthen them up. Hard to go wrong with a Chenowth and an aircooler VW.

I have a guy coming this weekend to pick it up, I think.
Only thing I will say about the bug is its street legal.
Trailering the buggy made it a much bigger production going to the desert.
For the money, a Chenowth 4lwd is a great play car. If you want 4 seats, then look for a Chenowth explorer or sv16.
If you are going to race, or really beat the car up on hard stuff like Barstow or Johnson valley, you'll have to do some work to strengthen them up. Hard to go wrong with a Chenowth and an aircooler VW.
The 4lwd is by far one of my favorites, I wouldn't mind having one for myself! The old man just wants something two seat to play with at glamis, nothing crazy so something like that would be perfect for him

Found this 2 seater
Vw engine
Bus trans
Torsion front and rear
Hasent been registered in 20 years

I have a buddy who has a 1975 Chenowith 2rl with a 1776 he is looking to sell. His number is (858) 231-3555
In Vista CA

Attachments

• IMG_20231226_101410_01.jpeg
    IMG_20231226_101410_01.jpeg
    370.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20231226_101410_02.jpeg
    IMG_20231226_101410_02.jpeg
    481.6 KB · Views: 3

This thing is pretty cool and cheap for a vintage car that is rtr.

Back